<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Clive Law Has passed away

June 11 2017 at 10:19 AM
Dean 

I just recieved a message from Clives Son, informing all that Clive Law has passed away.
He has done so much for Collectors and Canadian Military History in General

He Will Be Missed

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steven Milstone-Turner

My condolences to all his family and friends

June 11 2017, 7:37 PM 

Hi,

This is a major loss to the community sad.gif

Clive will be missed greatly. My condolences to all of his family and friends.

Regards,
-Steve

Respond to this message   
John Sliz

Greatly Saddened!

June 11 2017, 8:21 PM 

My deepest condolences to his family!

In addition to publishing three of my books Clive was a great help in getting my book, The Storm Boat Kings published. Not only did he point me in the right direction, he also provided photos for the book. And I know that am not the only one who he helped. He and his books were a great boost to Canadian military history!

He will be deeply missed!!!

Respond to this message   
Michael Dorosh

Thank you Dean

June 12 2017, 5:18 PM 

Thanks for posting Dean, still trying to wrap my head around it. As John and so many of us experienced, Clive's generosity and place in the military community was unexceeded.

Ed Storey was kind enough to pass on the funeral arrangements; I expect it will be a who's who of the military community in Ontario, and further afield.

For those interested, details are below.

The funeral has been confirmed for Saturday June 17th

National Military Cemetery in Beechwood Cemetary, 280 Beechwood Ave, Ottawa.

http://www.beechwoodottawa.ca/

09:00-10:00hrs Visitation

10:00 service followed by Interment of the ashes immediately following.

Dress blazer, medals, Dress uniform for serving members.

Military vehicles are welcome. There will be space available on the lane ways around the Natl Mil Cemetery

Respond to this message   
Geoff Middleton

Clive M. Law Obituary

June 14 2017, 11:32 AM 

Clive Michael LAW Obituary LAW, Clive Michael. Born in London, England, passed away peacefully on Saturday, June 10, 2017 at the age of 63. Beloved father to Kathleen and Richard (Geneviève) and husband to Elizabeth Fournier-Law. Predeceased by his mother Eithne McNamara of Galway, Ireland. Former officer of the Governor General's Foot Guards, Public Servant with Transport Canada, Global Affairs, and the RCMP. Clive deployed to Haiti as a civilian member of the RCMP with the UN in 2009 where he became a philanthropist for numerous local causes. A passionate researcher, Clive authored and co-authored 12 books and published over 100 titles through his publishing house, Service Publications. Funeral arrangements in care of Beechwood Funeral, Cemetery and Cremation Services, 280 Beechwood Ave. (East of the Vanier Pkwy). Family will receive relatives and friends on Saturday, June 17, 2017 from 9 a.m. Funeral service in the Sacred Space at 10 a.m. followed by interment at the Beechwood National Military Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions to the St. John Ambulance, GGFG Regimental Association, or the SPCA would be appreciated. Due to respiratory issues, guests are kindly requested to attend fragrance free. - See more at:http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ottawacitizen/obituary.aspx?n=clive-michael-law&pid=185799428&fhid=31106#sthash.GBHdGN2p.dpuf

Respond to this message   
John Sliz

Legacy

June 15 2017, 3:49 PM 

I never realized that Service Publications published over 100 titles. Wow! I count 31 authors on the website. Again, wow! Of these 31, who will be attending the service on Saturday?

Respond to this message   
Ed Storey

Legacy

June 15 2017, 6:10 PM 

A group photograph of the authors could make an interesting tribute.

Respond to this message   
John Sliz

Group Photo

June 15 2017, 8:32 PM 

That it would! The question is: how many of the 31 can make it Saturday? If not Saturday maybe we can arrange a time and place in the near future. So where does everyone live? I am in Toronto.

Respond to this message   
Roger Lucy

Clive's Funeral

June 16 2017, 5:01 AM 

I plan to be there. Like Ed and a few other of Clive's scribes I live in Ottawa.
Roger

Respond to this message   
Mark W. Tonner

Re: Legacy

June 16 2017, 7:44 AM 

Unfortunately, I’ll be unable to attend tomorrow. Also John, there are more authors who wrote MilArt articles for Clive also.
Mark

Respond to this message   
John Sliz

Re: Legacy

June 16 2017, 4:24 PM 

That would really bring the number up. Unfortunately I can't make it to Ottawa tomorrow either. However, I will be there in spirit.

Respond to this message   
Geoff Middleton

A few Photos from Today's Service

June 17 2017, 8:52 PM 

There was a wonderful turnout today for Clive Law's service. Standing room only. Clive's son Richard and daughter Kathleen delivered very moving eulogies, and Kathleen joined with the musicians for the final musical piece, a very moving bluegrass ballad, "Going Home to Greener Pastures."

Bravo Zulu to all.

Clive will be missed.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Chris Camfield

Thank you, Geoff

June 21 2017, 10:00 AM 

My condolences to his family.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index