Click Here For
WiredPatrol Site
"You Are a Child of the Universe, No Less than the Trees or the Stars"
 RETURN TO MESSAGES INDEX  

EFFEXOR ........... "They take the lead out of the pencil."

February 13 2007 at 10:53 AM
morse 

Response to “Those anti-depressants have screwed up my metabolism. It’s slowed right down,” ...EFFEXOR

Have you ever been on antidepressants?

I'm on them now. Effexor. They're great except for one thing: They take the lead out of the pencil. I can get going, but I can't come.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1589/is_2003_May_13/ai_102453333/pg_3

The second coming of Robbie Williams: riding a wave of gossip, the British hunk and former boy band idol surfs back into America - The Music Issue - Cover Story - Interview
Advocate, The, May 13, 2003 by Larry Flick
<< Page 1 Continued from page 2. Previous | Next

I think every gay man views straight men as "get-able."

It's true. It happens a lot, doesn't it?

Indeed. So I'll just ask you directly. Have you been "gotten"?

[Laughs] Not yet. It's certainly a possibility at some point in my life. I don't think too hard about it. If I meet a man I fancy enough to have sex with, I will.

How has speculation about your sexuality affected your relationships with women?

It never has. But here's a funny story about a girlfriend who thought I was gay. This was back when I was in Take That. We'd been on tour with the group D:Ream, and we'd done a long string of shows. I fell asleep while [my girlfriend and I] were having sex. I was so tired from dancing all night. So she's going down on me, and I fell asleep. I started to dream. I'm dreaming that I'm onstage with D:Ream, and I say "Oh, Peter," which is the name of the singer in the group. [Laughing] I woke myself up from that! She looks at me like [makes a stunned facial expression]. She thought I was gay. Funny story, isn't it?

Oh, yes. Did you fancy Peter [Cunnah, the lead singer of D:Ream]?

Advertisement

No. Oh, God, no. He was a good bloke, though.

In one of your new songs, "Handsome Man," you refer to yourself as a male chauvinist pig. Are you?

No, I'm not. I've been a really good boy with women, actually. I was being glib when I said that in the song. The truth is that I've not always been honest in relationships. Over the past two years I've been learning how to be honest. It's been painful, but it's easier than lying. Lots of growth for me. I'm getting to the place where I can perhaps be in an honest relationship. It's great to keep sober and get some strength. When I was drinking I couldn't be honest with myself or with anyone about what was in my heart. I'm getting to the point where I can be.

What has been the hardest part about staying sober?

The relentless depression. I used to think it was about other things--superficial things. Then you cut everything away and see the part of you who gets sad or depressed. It's tough because you then have to deal with everyday life sober. It's hard.

Have you ever been on antidepressants?

I'm on them now. Effexor. They're great except for one thing: They take the lead out of the pencil. I can get going, but I can't come.

Is that so?

[Swatting his hands in the air] Stop that! You're lulling me into a false sense of security. Now I'm spilling my guts! I can see the headlines now: ROBBIE WILLIAMS FANCIES THE ROCK, BUT HE CAN'T COME! [Pauses] Hey, that's kind of brilliant, isn't it?

You love it, don't you?

[Grinning] Yes, I do. Y'know, I was once going to pose nude for a gay men's magazine.

Really? When?

Back when I was in Take That. Our manager, who was gay, loved to think I was gay, and he'd tease me about it all the time. He'd say, "Robbie, come on out, it's fine." We'd have a laugh about it. Well, he decided to play a joke on me and said that a gay magazine would pay me a lot of money if I would pose nude.

And you agreed?

Respond to this message   

Visit RxISK ORG from Data Based Medicine
'the first free website (not sponsored by big pharma or advertising) for patients
and their doctors to research, and more importantly, easily report drug side effects'.