Home > Discussion Groups > World War I and 1920s + 1930s

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=282066&messageid=1113823087
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Small POLL and more....

March 15 2004 at 11:16 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 80.58.35.46

Hi all, and first, congratulations to Francois Gousse for work with this new and useful forum.
I am not fanatic of WWI, but I love it, and it inspired me. Since I was children, my favorite WWI was the Wippet, I don't know why. But others tanks was also very nice as a subject for a diorama. Is true that is very difficult to get info about these tanks or good scenes for dioramas (is not like WWII), but this kind of forum could convert to some of us for make a first WWI tank.

Few time ago, I was visiting Verdun Area and it was shock for me. Since these moment, I wish to make something about WWI, but...I must think a lot of.

Anyway, I would like ask all of you a question.
It could help me a lot of, and maybe can help a lot of to other modellers that not feel interest for WWI change their opinions.

What reason, do you think, why the WWI is less interesting for modellers? or in other words:
Why are there less modellers dedicated to WWI???

Some possible replies:

-The magazines not offer too much cover to this matter.
-Few info and difficult to get.
-Not presence of "top" modellers making WWI tanks
-Few informations about colors!!!!
-of course, less variety in tanks, operations and batles.

What more?? another ideas or different opinions???

Thank you very much

Mig Jimenez

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. My thoughts - Robert Langham on Mar 15, 11:31 AM
  3. Theres a simple, if odd, explanation for it. - Vil Elliott on Mar 15, 11:50 AM
  5. Maybe it's the pictures... - David Hale on Mar 15, 1:59 PM
  7. Sad but true.. - Robert Ferreira on Mar 15, 2:25 PM
  9. More Thoughts - Paul Bonnett on Mar 15, 2:31 PM
  11. My own take on the issue - Hans Haase on Mar 15, 5:34 PM
  13. Several factors... - Peter Kempf on Mar 16, 3:00 AM
  15. few subjects - Paul Krylowski on Mar 16, 11:46 AM
  17. different scale - marijn van gils on Mar 17, 7:33 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse