Small POLL and more....March 15 2004 at 11:16 AM
|Mig Jimenez (no login)|
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Hi all, and first, congratulations to Francois Gousse for work with this new and useful forum.
I am not fanatic of WWI, but I love it, and it inspired me. Since I was children, my favorite WWI was the Wippet, I don't know why. But others tanks was also very nice as a subject for a diorama. Is true that is very difficult to get info about these tanks or good scenes for dioramas (is not like WWII), but this kind of forum could convert to some of us for make a first WWI tank.
Few time ago, I was visiting Verdun Area and it was shock for me. Since these moment, I wish to make something about WWI, but...I must think a lot of.
Anyway, I would like ask all of you a question.
It could help me a lot of, and maybe can help a lot of to other modellers that not feel interest for WWI change their opinions.
What reason, do you think, why the WWI is less interesting for modellers? or in other words:
Why are there less modellers dedicated to WWI???
Some possible replies:
-The magazines not offer too much cover to this matter.
-Few info and difficult to get.
-Not presence of "top" modellers making WWI tanks
-Few informations about colors!!!!
-of course, less variety in tanks, operations and batles.
What more?? another ideas or different opinions???
Thank you very much
- My thoughts - Robert Langham on Mar 15, 2004, 11:31 AM
- Theres a simple, if odd, explanation for it. - Vil Elliott on Mar 15, 2004, 11:50 AM
- Maybe it's the pictures... - David Hale on Mar 15, 2004, 1:59 PM
- Sad but true.. - Robert Ferreira on Mar 15, 2004, 2:25 PM
- More Thoughts - Paul Bonnett on Mar 15, 2004, 2:31 PM
- My own take on the issue - Hans Haase on Mar 15, 2004, 5:34 PM
- Several factors... - Peter Kempf on Mar 16, 2004, 3:00 AM
- few subjects - Paul Krylowski on Mar 16, 2004, 11:46 AM
- different scale - marijn van gils on Mar 17, 2004, 7:33 AM