Home > Discussion Groups > World War I and 1920s + 1930s

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=282066&messageid=1113823087
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Russo- Baltic armoured platform truck

June 11 2004 at 8:29 PM
Emil Hoffmann  (Login 28juni14)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 216.114.99.214

Response to 76 mm gun model 1902/30 field gun.

May I humbly say with certainty the gun is not the Model 1902, or any of it's variants. It is the 76.2mm Lenders Gun Model 1914. A limited production batch (12-20 estimated) of Russian naval ordnance designed for high elevation (AA) work, but never actually fitted to ships during the war. They were adapted for the truck mounted AA role rather successfully during late 1915, and saw combat during 1916/17.
Though similar in appearance to the M1902, visual comparisons will disclose the mid-mount of the trunnions, and under-barrel shorter recoil tube.

If I were able to attach pics I would illustrate an example at rest in a German motor park of captured vehicles from 1917.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Captured vehicle photos - Luis Miguel F.S.Gago on Jun 12, 2004, 9:13 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse