other model RollersNovember 14 2004 at 2:22 PM
|Phil Radley (no login)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
Response to Looking for RR Armoured car
like Peter says, Milicast do a 1/76 1920 pattern. i bought one and am in the process of knocking it together. i really like it, although just as the review on Landships says, the chassis sub-frame was a bit warped and requires a bit of chopping. i got some photo-etch spoke wheels from scalelink. can provide you with more details by e-mail if you like. the service from Milicast was absolutely brilliant, really fast and really friendly. the owner is a MAFVA member, so you can have a really good natter!
i also considered Matador Models 1920 pattern, but was swayed by the pictures posted on the sites.
Reviresco also make loads of Rollers; but i was put off by potential import customs (i live in sunny north-east england) and the review on Landships site, which says they had to hit it with a hammer to get parts to fit!!!!
getting spoked wheels was surprisingly difficult!! i considered asking Matador if they would sell me an extra set of wheels if i bought their RR tender, but Matador are really hard to contact - snail mail or Fax only!! then i thought i'd buy a toy vintage car with spoked wheels but nobody sells them anymore unless you want to pay £30 for a collectors edition. But then I found Scalelink, they sell 3 different sets and one of them is just the right size.
got a large number of RR photos on my yahoo page if you're interested.
the two reviews (Milicast and Reviresco) and all the contact details you might want are on the Landships site.
hope that helps
- forgot to mention - Phil Radley on Nov 14, 2004, 2:36 PM
- some comparisons for you - Phil Radley on Nov 15, 2004, 1:03 PM
- Cromwell... - Peter Kempf on Nov 16, 2004, 11:07 PM
- RR AC Photos - Gunderson on Nov 15, 2004, 6:35 PM
- this link might work - Phil Radley on Nov 16, 2004, 9:44 AM
- RR plans - Paul on Nov 16, 2004, 3:47 PM
- Rolls Royce Plans - Nick Balmer on Nov 16, 2004, 10:41 PM
- Plans - Paul Bonnett on Nov 17, 2004, 2:57 PM