Home > Discussion Groups > World War I and 1920s + 1930s

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=282066&messageid=1113823087
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

other model Rollers

November 14 2004 at 2:22 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 82.39.119.191

Response to Looking for RR Armoured car

like Peter says, Milicast do a 1/76 1920 pattern. i bought one and am in the process of knocking it together. i really like it, although just as the review on Landships says, the chassis sub-frame was a bit warped and requires a bit of chopping. i got some photo-etch spoke wheels from scalelink. can provide you with more details by e-mail if you like. the service from Milicast was absolutely brilliant, really fast and really friendly. the owner is a MAFVA member, so you can have a really good natter!

i also considered Matador Models 1920 pattern, but was swayed by the pictures posted on the sites.

Reviresco also make loads of Rollers; but i was put off by potential import customs (i live in sunny north-east england) and the review on Landships site, which says they had to hit it with a hammer to get parts to fit!!!!

getting spoked wheels was surprisingly difficult!! i considered asking Matador if they would sell me an extra set of wheels if i bought their RR tender, but Matador are really hard to contact - snail mail or Fax only!! then i thought i'd buy a toy vintage car with spoked wheels but nobody sells them anymore unless you want to pay £30 for a collectors edition. But then I found Scalelink, they sell 3 different sets and one of them is just the right size.

got a large number of RR photos on my yahoo page if you're interested.

the two reviews (Milicast and Reviresco) and all the contact details you might want are on the Landships site.

hope that helps

Phil

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. forgot to mention - Phil Radley on Nov 14, 2:36 PM
    1. some comparisons for you - Phil Radley on Nov 15, 1:03 PM
    2. Cromwell... - Peter Kempf on Nov 16, 11:07 PM

2. RR AC Photos - Gunderson on Nov 15, 6:35 PM
    1. this link might work - Phil Radley on Nov 16, 9:44 AM
      1. RR plans - Paul on Nov 16, 3:47 PM
        1. Rolls Royce Plans - Nick Balmer on Nov 16, 10:41 PM
          1. Plans - Paul Bonnett on Nov 17, 2:57 PM