Home > Discussion Groups > World War I and 1920s + 1930s

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=282066&messageid=1113823087
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Flak on truck question...

May 26 2007 at 8:25 PM
Jack Mueller  (Login 28juni14)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 216.114.99.214

Response to more flak on truck

Hallo!

I'm afraid this photo is incorrectly identified; in that it is post-1.WK.

The vehicle pictured is a KW 19 in service with the Reichswehr. By this time it was not a Flak vehicle. Allow me to explain.

Briefly, the weapons system ( Flak-Selbsttrager) was developed, and procured for trooop service in October 1918. Designed on an improved chassis of the KD 1, it mounted the 7,7cm Krupp M1914 BAK (Flak). Daimler had delivered some 63 vehicles by November 11, 1918. Most of these were destroyed per the terms of the Armistice which prohibited Germany from utilizing anti-aircraft aritllerie. The vehicle returned to production in the early 20s for the Reichswehr( 49 vehicles ). However, it was fitted with elevation inhibiting locks, and no laying gear; again as per the terms of the Armistice. Under this mode the vehicle was deployed as mobile artillie.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks Jack - karl heinz pfarr on Jun 3, 2:45 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse