Finally, I've managed to complete something to a suitable level to post.
The period images included here have been sourced off the internet through a google search, and are only included for discussion purposes, and to illustrate salient features incorporated on the model, I particularly like the image of showing the oak barrel stored in the rope box and the 44gal drum on the fuel tank, I'd never seen a 44gal drum being used in WW1 till I came across this image, the other images show vehicles without un-ditching rails, variations of wording style, copious amounts of tarp covered stowage on the roof, white-red-white allied ID band on the front track horn and various positions of vehicle numbers on the rear - I think it's the small details like this that make a model more appealing, I've tried to incorporate as many of these features as I can to make the model more appealing and to show the radical change from a gun tank to a more benign role.
The model is the aging, but reasonably sound 1/35th Emhar kit, with Model Cellar tracks and Black Lion decals. Stowage is a mixture of resin and plastic goodies, with the two oak barrels coming from an old Historex accessories set. The supply sponsons themselves were converted with plastic sheet and detailed with Grant Line domed head rivets. The replacement Lewis gun is a 1/32nd Wing Nut Wings weapon, that perhaps is a little too long, but, it's a huge improvement over the original part. Paint finish is Tamiya XF72 JGSDF Brown, It's the first time I've used this particular colour and I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. Having built numerous other Mk.IV's and covered them in mud to hide the awful kit supplied tracks, I was quite keen to use the replacement injection moulded plastic tracks from Model Cellar and build a model that was dirty and dusty for a change, if for no other reason than to show off the nicely detailed tracks, to that end the tracks were painted Tamiya XF69 Nato Black and then washed with Raw Umber oil paint that was left to build up in the recess of the track plates to give a dusty finish, they were then drybrushed with Games Workshop BoltGun Metal to give a metallic finish to them. Weathering is still a work in progress and my intent is to place it onto a landscaped base. Overall, I'm happy with the way it's turning out... but I'd love to hear from everyone else on areas that could be improved on before I give it the pigment treatment and finally mount it on a base. So, fire away... comments good bad or other are most welcome.
Hope you like it.