Home > Discussion Groups > World War I and 1920s + 1930s

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=282066&messageid=1113823087
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Armored car decal sheet

March 16 2004 at 4:56 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 68.52.50.131

I am putting together a decal sheet of the markings and slogan/nicknames used on White Army tanks and armored cars. If you would like to be notified when it is ready-please email me with your email and/or snailmail address. The sheet will be about 3" x 7" and I will cram it with as many things as I can. If there is anyone who can help me translate the Russian into English-I would love to hear from you!!! Thanks, Dave
Initially these will be 1/35th, but if enough interest is shown, I will do 1/76/72, also.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Pleae, please, PLEASE do 1/72 as well!

March 16 2004, 5:04 AM 

Oh, please, please, please do 1/72 as well!

Why not do a sheet that covers both armoured cars AND tanks used in the Russian Civil War. That would widen the market even more: I mean: the Whippet, FT17, Mk IV.

The Osprey book on Russian Civil War armour is a good start, and I'll gladly supply you with more background material!!!!

Plaese, pretty please, pretty please with sugar on top?

/Peter K

Respond to this message   

(no login)

God bless you, effendi!

March 16 2004, 8:25 AM 

You will sell me two sheets of the 1/35 decals when they are complete. I have the ACE sheets for WWII lend-lease and German trophies in Soviet service. You will similarly save me a lot of work.

Bob Potter

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Pre-Revolutionary Cyrillic is a pain to read

March 16 2004, 8:36 AM 

Comparing the translations to the pictures in the Osprey New Vanguard on White armour shows a definite difference from modern Cyrillic which I can just about read, if not always understand.

Respond to this message   

(Login jsthorn)
Missing-Lynx members

Armored car decal sheet

March 17 2004, 1:01 PM 

Dave,

Please let me know when the sheet is ready. If you are still taking requests I would like to see markings for civil war Mark V/V* tanks in two tone camouflage.

Forget the braille scale - I can barely handle 1/35 these days.

Jesse
jsthorn@mindspring.com

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Armored car decal sheet
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse