Home > Discussion Groups > World War I and 1920s + 1930s

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=282066&messageid=1113823087
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Berliet CAT

September 24 2004 at 6:09 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 62.255.240.149

Dear All

Rooting around in my cupboard I would teh Convoy resin Berliet CAT 3.5 tonner.

Has anyone seen anything about this type in service. "Les Camions de la victoire" doesn't seem to have anything on the GS lorry.

Currently building: This weekends projects are finish a 270mm Mortar and a 6inch 26cwt. Lots of rivets to add and then paint and finish the bases. Former is a scratch, the other an tidying up of the 4-Mil/Matador kit. ^inch Mk XIC alaso bubbling under.

Mike Cooper
Reading UK - where its super at the moment.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bill Colby
(no login)

Berliet CAT

September 24 2004, 4:47 PM 

Mike,

Can you give me a quick review of this model. I have been thinking of purchasing one, but didn't want to get one sight unseen.

I am interested in it as I have heard from Grzegorz that it was used in the Polish raid on Kovel to tow artillery. I plan to do a diorama with a Ford Tfc armored car on the road to Kovel.

Bill

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Berliet Cat conundrum

September 25 2004, 3:21 PM 

Hiya

Therein doth lie the problem!

What I see looks nice, but with only a couple of pre-war images to go on I can't tell if its accurate.

I mat contcat Convoy and ask them for backgroud - I bought it assuming that Les Camions de la Victoire would be full of the things, but, no...not a sniff!

OK...the casting seems nice enough and lloks like the drawings given in the kit. I've yet to assemble it as I've no drawings, photos or real data to work from, and frankly I won't commit time to something where I'm not sure its any where near right!

Sorry I can't be much more help than that!

Mike

Respond to this message   
Bill Colby
(no login)

Thanks Mike! N/T

September 26 2004, 9:43 AM 

N/T

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Berliet CAT
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse