Home > Discussion Groups > World War I and 1920s + 1930s

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=282066&messageid=1113823087
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

WWI French railway guns

March 2 2006 at 12:57 PM
Kevin Johnson  (Login Lukiftian)
from IP address 198.53.169.12

I've been commissioned to build that Jadar 1:72 French railway artillery piece and was wondering what colour the French painted them in WWI. Anybody out there know? TIA Kevin.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Roger Todd
(Login McTodd)
Missing-Lynx members

Colour Photos of French Railway Guns

March 4 2006, 3:03 PM 

I can't actually find the original links for now, but a number of genuine colour photographs (that is, not hand-tinted) were taken during the Great War. As the pioneers of the process were French, unsurprisingly all the subjects are French. A couple are of a large railway gun - I posted one on this thread on Landships ages ago:

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=63528&subForumID=169814&action=viewTopic&commentID=5338261&topicPage=0

Respond to this message   
Roger Todd
(Login McTodd)
Missing-Lynx members

Another colour photo...

March 4 2006, 3:19 PM 

Kevin, I found another one (I saved them ages ago, but I don't know where they came from). I'll post links to both - one is the same photo as the one in my other post, but I got it from another site, hence it looks a little different (colour balance etc.). Anyway, good luck with your project!

Respond to this message   
Kevin Johnson
(Login Lukiftian)

Thank you both.

March 20 2006, 1:04 PM 

your links were quite helpful... cheers Kevin.

Respond to this message   
Kevin Johnson
(Login Lukiftian)

OOpps..meant 'thank you for both'

March 20 2006, 1:05 PM 

nm

Respond to this message   
Roger Todd
(Login McTodd)
Missing-Lynx members

Glad to have helped...

March 22 2006, 10:50 AM 

...and good luck with your project!

Any chance of photos when it's done?

Respond to this message   
Kevin Johnson
(Login Lukiftian)

Sorry to take so long to get back....

May 25 2006, 2:21 PM 

Sure, I'll post some pictures when I'm done-- but it probably won't be until fall. My client wants me to get a few other pieces done first.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse