Home > Discussion Groups > World War I and 1920s + 1930s

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=282066&messageid=1113823087
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Comments on WW1 US infantry?

March 25 2006 at 10:21 AM
Pat Bierter  (Login PatBierter)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 195.93.60.73

Plasticsolderreview now has reviewed the new small scale sets from Hat and from Emhar, has anybody seen these sets yet? I have been disappointed by the sculpting of Hat's latest WW1 releases, and the Emhar helmets don't look right, but it might just be the photos. So your comments would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Pat

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mario Wens
(Login Jerboa)
Missing-Lynx members

Emhar

March 28 2006, 6:23 AM 

Pat,

I´ve bought both sets and the Emhar ones are the better offering, though the helmets indeed are cr***! These would deserve an aftermarket set in resin so any modeller with a sharp knife can convert them in to excellent figures. A minor disadvantage though compared with the other set!

The HäT figures - I´m sorry to say - are a complete waste of money for a serious modeller. Their Anzacs and Turkish Infantry were great, but then it was all downhill from there as far as the WW1 sets are concerned. They seem to aim at the Wargamers market rather than the modeller and for that they are well suited. The detail however is shallow and the anatomy is not realistic at all, so no amount of patching up will help to convert them into good figures. They can do so much better!

Mario

Respond to this message   
Pat Bierter
(Login PatBierter)
Missing-Lynx members

Emhar and Hat Americans

April 2 2006, 11:13 AM 

Mario, thanks for your reply. Saw both sets in the plastic by now, and couldn't agree more about the Hat set. The anatomy problems cannot be solved, and including three different machine guns does not help if none looks good!

The Emhar helmets definitely need replacing, otherwise I liked the figures (apart from the somewhat strange pose of the prone Lewis gunner - clearly modelled after a photograph).

I really don't understand what has happened to these sets, as both companies have produced excellent figures before as you rightly said! Regards, Pat

Respond to this message   
david nickels
(Login djnick66)
Missing-Lynx members

The Hat/Airfix figures

June 14 2006, 10:53 AM 

Are really worthless. IMHO they are better for interwar training soldiers. All of them are wearing Sam Brown hats, and none have any kind of personal gear like back packs, greatcoats, etc. The LMG is sort of useful, but thats about it.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse