Home > Discussion Groups > World War I and 1920s + 1930s

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=282066&messageid=1113823087
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

British Uniform Khaki ?

February 2 2012 at 11:04 AM
Andy Evans  (Login andyevans)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 86.162.174.62

Gentlemen,

Can anyone help me with a colour match for the British Khaki uniform ? I have just picked up some of the wonderful Tommy's War figures and want to crack on and paint one. The obvious choice is Vallejo English Uniform but I think it needs a little more green added. Is there a good colour match straight from the bottle, preferably in acrylics ?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Phil Rad
(Login philthydirtyanimal)
Missing-Lynx members

I've been experimenting

February 3 2012, 6:30 PM 

I've been experimenting with various colours over the last couple of years. My first ones were too green (Reaper Master Series, Khaki) - I was happy with them at first, but then when I looked at actual WW1 uniforms I noticed they were distinctly brown, not green.

I'm now using Reaper Master Series Green Ochre, straight from the bottle, with a Games Workshop Sepia wash. It looks right, to me.

What I haven't figured out yet is a good colour for the tin hat (blue steel), or the webbing and gas mask bag (if I paint them the same colour as the uniform, it's accurate, allegedly, but doesn't look as visually appealing as, say, a light buff colour).

I have a mate who uses Humbrol 29 for the uniform. However, that's the colour I use for tanks, so dioramas were looking a bit monochrome! But it could be highlighted, and doesn't look wrong, as such.

Respond to this message   
Andy Evans
(Login andyevans)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: I've been experimenting

February 5 2012, 12:28 AM 

Phil,

Thanks for the info, unfortunately Reaper paints are hard to come by here in the UK. I have been experimenting myself and I quite like the look of Vallejo Panzer Aces Canvas. I think their English Uniform looks too brown but may try mixing some green in with it.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Andy

Respond to this message   
Donald Cameron
(Login spontoon)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: I've been experimenting

February 5 2012, 3:58 PM 

I use Delta Ceramcoat acrylic Fawn.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - British Uniform Khaki ?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index