Re: Hit the wrong button....so repostedMay 27 2011 at 8:03 AM
No score for this post
|Anonymous (no login)|
Response to Re: Hit the wrong button....so reposted
"I'd love to hear from everyone who got contacted by D1 schools after being seen at Prospects. My d went for two years, going to the final one year, and the only place that contacted her after Prospects was a no name prep school. Every D1 contact she has had has been after Stoney, a Can-Am, Missy or a provincials. And the contact usually states where they saw you. This seems to be the case with others I have spoken to about it. I don't see this as a spring board to getting noticed. It's a fun tournament. Kelly runs it very well and does a great job of selling it to you as a place to get noticed. We all get sucked in by it. When you really look at it, don't believe the hype. But if you feel the need to go there to get noticed, you should ask yourself if your d is really at that level. "
My D went to prospects since grade 8 after which she was contacted by Yale. I think that at prospects the scouts see the player while at the other tournaments they see the player as part of a their team ( so a player that doesn't stand out at prospects may look better when the scout sees that one of the top teams chose them ... Therefore they must be good).
So if your D gets contacted at another tourney it may be just that and you should ask yourself ...
Re: Hit the wrong button....so reposted - The Diceman on May 27, 9:31 AM
Prospect's - Anon on May 27, 9:32 AM
- Years ago - Anonymous on May 27, 10:29 AM
- Re: Years ago - Anonymous on Jun 3, 12:59 PM
- Re: Prospect's - The Diceman on May 27, 10:31 AM
- Re: Prospect's - Anonymous on May 27, 11:06 AM
- Re: Prospect's - Anonymous on May 27, 11:21 AM
- calls - Anonymous on May 27, 12:26 PM
- Re: Prospect's - Anonymous on May 27, 12:55 PM
- Prospects Scores? - Anonymous on Jun 3, 11:44 AM
- How dare you.. - Anonymous on Jun 3, 2:43 PM