Return to Index  

Won over

February 2 2017 at 7:18 PM
exnwaleswhite  (Login exnwaleswhite)

This time last year i would have done anything to get Cellino out of the club...a succession of dodgy managers ...his tax cases...problems with the FA...pie tax....and all the useless second rate eyeties he brought in....led me to believe he must be Bates lovechild or something.
But 1 year later I find myself quite liking him....He has cleared up our finances ....got rid of the sand monkeys...Found a class manager...stopped meddling with the team...found new investment(albeit unproven just yet).....and perhaps best of all given Penfold and his FA cronies the bird...... and if he leaves this summer he will have my eternal thanks for bringing the club i love back from the edge of Bates abyss .....Due to work and travel costs (i live in Sweden) i can only get over 5-6 times a season but the feeling around ER these days reminds me of the "good old days" and whilst a lot is down to GM surely some of the credit should go to MC?
I appreciate that we all want to see 10 million pound signings on deadline day but how realistic is that for a club that 2 years ago was on the brink of extinction ?So far GM seems happy with the financial backing he has so it cant be all that bad eh?
How many of us thought MC was fucking nuts when he offered money back if we didnt get a top 6 finish? maybe he isnt as stupid as he looks...
Its not often these days that somebody can change my opinion(i am the embodiment of a grumpy old man)but he has won me over...

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****