Return to Index  

Re: Points

February 26 2017 at 1:05 PM
Spezial  (Login spezial)

Response to Re: Points

Yesterday was a big result for us, but look closer and look further ahead and I've a few concerns. The midfield is a huge worry for me, and yesterday didn't make me feel any better, probably worse. In an attacking sense the midfield offers us next to nothing, there's no drive, no penetration through the middle of the park and a lack of attacking desire generally. There is only O'Kane who looks to break down the middle,Hernandez slows the play down too much, and the rest of the midfielders shit themselves when they get anywhere near the halfway line. Defensively we are a bit better in midfield, but in big games we still get dominated in that area. We win games by getting at teams from wide, another goal from a cross yesterday, but very little else of note. Monk seems certain of his strongest eleven, and that includes playing Doukara in a wide role despite having four orthodox wide players also available , and I'm not certain when push comes to shove in May that we'll be good enough. I've got to give credit to Chris Wood, he's shown a lot more effort recently, and has been holding the ball up well, maybe he's finally realised what it means to play for our club and the commitment required. I'm not just a moaning cunt, I came away delighted to beat those wankers yesterday, and l cannot fault the commitment from the players and manager. I just worry that we're gonna have to beat a team like Huddersfield or Brighton to realise our dream, and it feels like we'd be real underdogs come play off time. If that was our strongest eleven yesterday, maybe Monk should have been looking to recruit elsewhere in the team other than another two wide players he doesn't intend using. To be quite honest, I wish we could just fast forward a couple of months to when it really matters.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****