Return to Index  

Re: Rode our luck

March 4 2017 at 8:45 PM
Spezial  (Login spezial)

Response to Rode our luck

I think the shape of the team is the most important thing for Monk, and at the moment he is getting away with some poor individual performances because we keep our shape and are quick to get bodies behind the ball when we inevitably lose possession. I think that is why Doukara is a nailed on starter, he holds his position and gets through a ton of work. In fairness to Doukara, that was a lovely pass he layed into Phillips for our 3rd goal, and while Wood had another excellent game, my missus and my old aunt Norma wouldn't have missed that open goal from 6 yards, so let's give the lads who do the spadework a bit of credit rather than been so blinkered we just look at the scorers. I agree with Ovy's comments generally though, that first half was technically as bad as you will see on a football pitch at this level. I don't know how Hernandez stayed on the field, maybe it was Monk wanting to retain the shape and formation, but I've not seen a performance as bad from a Leeds player for many a year. He was weak, slow, wasteful with the ball and caused us so many problems cos he couldn't keep possession. I've worried about his overall impact on the team for a while, I think he will bully teams that are under the cosh, but he is insipid in too many games. Our defence did more than they should have to again, and credit to them for another clean sheet, but the real shining light for me was Chris Wood. The manager and coaching staff deserve medals for the transformation in Wood, this is the player we've wanted to see for the last 18 months. He led the line brilliantly, and his first goal was down to chasing a ball he wouldn't have set off for a few months back. I think rather than being carried, he is actually carrying some of our players now. Let's enjoy the ride for the time being, and hope we can get ourselves a place in the top four, and a favourable play off tie. After that I think we may be relying on the Football Gods to smile down on us.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****