Return to Index  

wtf old days

March 26 2017 at 2:53 PM
protier  (Login protier)

Response to Re: WTF.

remember the first time I went to ER, my dad took me for a pre season friendly against stoke. We went in the old lowfields seats but climbed down on to the terraces at half time because the sun was out and it was hot. I think it was the first game King Billy wore the number 4 shirt remember my dad saying he always thought he would make a wing half, that's a midfielder for you young lads. After that I started going with some mates from school, Foxwood. Paying two bob, ten pence, to go into the boys pen on the old kop. If you got in early enough you could climb over the fence into the lowfields and then over the fence in to the shed. Generally the police would be stood on the fences stopping you doing this but occasionally we did make it. You felt really good if you got into the shed but we weren't big/old enough to stand in the middle so stood to the side nearest the lowfields. Lads used to walk round the pitch with a board at half time with the scores from the other games. How times have changed in those games if a player was booked it was a big deal, seemed to happen regularly to King Billy, fuck me now you can get booked for looking at another player. When the teams came out, on their own, we would throw toilet rolls on to the pitch remember a copper giving me a smack on the back of head and telling me not to do it again, I was shitting myself thinking he was going to throw me out. as we got older we started going into the shed paying three and six, 17 1/2 pence for you young uns. For some reason we always had a crush at the turnstile must have been the first 100 or so squashed into a space for about 10 people but it was part of the day. every so often a coach with away fans would drive passed on Elland Road with the usual abuse going both ways. The singing in the shed was led by 2 or 3 well known fans and used to start about 30 mins before game began with the words give us a L. Lads on here from the time will know the rest of the song/chant. Those time at ER and going to away games really were the best times of my life at football and with the greed is good league they will never be seen again. I know service crew lads may think they had the best times but we were the original hooligans and we loved it. We also had a great team thanks Don, King Billy and the rest of the lads.

Respond to this message   

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****