Return to Index  

Re: Shite again

April 2 2017 at 2:20 PM
Spezial  (Login spezial)

Response to Shite again

Taken in isolation, you would say yesterday was just a bad day at the office. Look at the bigger picture, and it's a bit more worrying. Our games against the other teams in the top 6 have resulted in 5 losses, 2 draws and 2 wins......not very inspiring. If anyone asked you in September if you'd take our current situation, I'm sure everyone would have been more than happy. You've got to be in it to win it, and if we do retain our place in the top 6, anything could happen. Having said that, I'm seeing more and more some real big flaws in our team and it's performances. The midfield is one of the weaker in the division, and if like yesterday, our normally reliable defence has an off day, we look a poor team. Monk has found a formation that has taken us higher than we imagined, but I don't think he has an effective plan B to fall back on. If anything can drag us back into the Premier League, it's the passion of our fans inspiring somewhat average players to perform way above what they are capable of. That and luck with injuries, decisions on the pitch, and a few fortunate bounces of the ball. One thing is for sure, we've got to be far, far better than yesterday.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****