Return to Index  

Re: Shite again

April 3 2017 at 12:33 AM
Shaka  (Login scrabblerSE22)

Response to Re: Shite again

What worries me is, if don't make it (get promoted) how many players will we lose, Taylor, Wood or even Monk himself. We're still only a 'stepping stone' club for personnel who want to move onto better things. The owners did nothing in January transfer window, and don't seemed that interested in the massive steps the team has achieved this season. Monk has worked miracles on very limited resources through his organisational skills a clever decisions in developing players. However we can all see the limitations.

The midfield is our weakest area, it lacks nous and the ability to open up defences, hence a play maker and the ability to pass the ball. The defence has been excellent, however it won't carry us through the play-offs if we finish in the top six. We can't rely on Wood as one man goal machine, and it was only a few months back we were slagging him off, he's improved immensely but he is still limited in ability (modern day Lee Chapman?)

This is where the owners have been conspicuous through their silence (I don't trust the cunts). December was the time to look at the developing picture in terms of our performance and put plans in place to back Monk to the hilt and look to retain our better players and bring in others. There is never a bad time to get out of The Championship.

Looking at the other contenders, they are all showing vulnerabilities, but for me Fulham remain the big danger, the top two slots have gone. Only are organisational skills rather than individual ability could possibly see us promoted.

We don't thrash teams even at home, but we win games. There is certainly a pattern to our performances, nothing spectacular even when winning.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****