Return to Index  

The morning after

April 15 2017 at 10:33 AM
glasgowwhite75  (Login glasgowwhite75)

Response to Re: Ha ha.

Must say, was on a bit of a high after that smash & grab at the death last night. But in the cold light of day, have to agree with Vinnie. We were woefully bad for long stretches last night. Our "Alamo" style defending got us through, but our distribution & playing out of defence was at times non existent, simply putting us back under the cosh time & time again. Phillips remains an enigma. I kinda like him but he frustrates beyond belief. He seems to foul at almost every 50/50 & his distribution is suspect. But he has an engine & the heart of a lion. He is young & still to find his craft, but he will come good IMO.

It does speak volumes mind you, that we are here picking the bones out of a 1-1 draw away at Newcastle, with a critical eye (me included!). We have over achieved with this squad, of that there is no doubt and Newcastle have a budget, squad & set up we could only dream of at present, so it shows you how hard the Premiership is if this side went down. Brighton too. They have been building for this for years & have a set up & investment that is streets ahead of us where we are right now.

Monk's recent comments about us having a great season/progress whatever happens & that we have set the foundations for progress have been interpreted in many ways. I think he was being honest about us as we are & where we are. He, we and every other person knows that should we go up this season, this current squad would need major surgery for any chance of survival in the Premier League. Last night proved that.

Every Leeds fan would kill for a play off win a Wembley in May. The last Wembley appearance was a disaster. Beaten by fucking Doncaster aside, It cost me over a grand for me & "'err indoors." Couldn't get a ticket so ended up in Wembley hospitality at £400 a pop (3 course meal & drinks included - i'd fucking like to think so!!). I was so distraught after that one, ended up out on the lash after it in Chinatown & Soho for food & far far too much wine. We missed the Glasgow shuttle from Heathrow that night, had to book into a hotel at Heathrow & fly back on the Monday, both missing work!

We have 4 games left. I do think we will be in the play offs. Can we do this ? Well Yes I think that we can. Our dependence on a few key players mind you, will be crucial as Vinnie rightly says re Jansson. Our ability to bounce back has impressed me this season, just wish we had a little more quality & strength in depth to see us over the line, but we can do it methinks.

We have to grab this opportunity. CARPE DIEM!

LUFC / MOT.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****