Return to Index  

Re: We're going to bottle it..!!

April 17 2017 at 8:44 PM
Shaka  (Login scrabblerSE22)

Response to Re: We're going to bottle it..!!

I guess the writings been on the wall for a while. We have a strong defence, a potent striker (he does need a supply) and a threadbare midfield. A midfield that can carryout its defensive duties, but has no creativity or attacking nous. The Championship is an unforgiving race, the last 7 or 8 matches are like going up hill in the final furlongs of the Grand National. You can't continuously rely on the defence to see us through tight matches. This is where our play-off rivals are ahead of us in terms of attacking ability. We need 3 wins, I'm hoping more than anticipating it will happen. Whatever the outcome Monk has done a brilliant job with limited resources.

Forward thinking clubs act at the right moment, we did nothing in January, all the fanfare around the co-owner who came in seems just a hollow gesture. When there's an unexpected opportunity which was developing around Christmas the owners should of grasped it with both hands.

Apart from Wendies, non of the clubs around were expected to challenge for the play-offs,
they've obviously done a lot of work behind the scenes to get to where they are. Fulham are the big danger, but I'm still hoping we can do it. Slightly depressing Easter Monday.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****