Return to Index  

Re: Monk Out

April 30 2017 at 12:06 PM
glasgowwhite75  (Login glasgowwhite75)

Response to Monk Out

Literally nothing would surprise me with this club of ours. If true it could put us back years if you believe some. Others may argue that in the unforgiving world of football management, a season is enough.

Me, I happen to think that Monk is a good coach. I don't buy into this deification of him though. He has done a good job but we were 11pts clear & sitting in 3rd place in February, which still totally irks me. The argument that we didn't strengthen in January was the prime cause of our downfall is pretty valid though IMO. We'll never know now if such "strengthening" would have got us over the play-off line.
So yeah, give him another go. Some of his loan signings have been suspect though, so whether the owners feel secure in giving him carte blanche on whatever transfer kitty they have at their disposal may still be a stumbling block to him staying at Leeds. The other question is, how much control of signings would he have ? And maybe it is this, in the end, if he did not have direct control of who we sign, which may make him feel his future is better served elsewhere.
Personally hope he stays and we push on from our base. But the squad needs a fair bit of tinkering if we are to challenge again next season methinks.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****