Return to Index  

Re: Monk Out

April 30 2017 at 2:27 PM
Ovy  (Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

Response to Re: Monk Out

He should be given the opportunity to bring in his own players and then live and die by that, why should the owners buy players! Cellino is clueless on footballing issues so should have nothing to do with them.
January was the turning point of the season and lack of investment was the nail in the coffin, all the other side vying for promotion strengthened where as we got 2 bargain bucket buys with 3 seconds remaining, says it all in terms of future commitment from the owners.
I think monk wants to be treat with respect and also as a manager with some security not as someone continually sat on a knife edge, if he brings in his own players and fails then he'll accept it but he also wants to build on what we have thus far, 3 midfielders and a centre forward will be a great help, if I were him I'd offer £2/3 million to Man City and grab mooy off Huddersfield as a starter.
What does annoy me about monk is his inability to get the players fired up, not that they should need firing up but sadly they do, also why does he feel the need to put 3 subs on every single game ?
Yesterday was typical of our strengths and weaknesses but why should we go 3 down before we get going, we ought to have started the game going for broke ,.
Players out for me are the whole midfield, apart from an odd glimpse of football here and there they are hopeless to a man, Hernandez being the best but he's too lightweight, vierra, roofe and Phillips are a luxury and are a conference midfield.
Players who should never lake for United again, fat arse doukara .
Very disappointed not to make the play offs, I know we wouldn't have got anywhere but being up there for so long is a bitter pill to swallow now, whatever happens regarding the management we need to either get shut or back him, no fence sitting and we definitely have to re-build now not in august, that said I'm certain monk will have players in mind if he's kept on, last thing we need is uncertainty and new management, although I hear the Italians are interested in bringing in ranieri, which makes you wonder where they will get the brass to re-build with him and not monk !!

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****