Return to Index  

Re: Monk Out

April 30 2017 at 4:02 PM
DG  (Login DavidGedge)

Response to Re: Monk Out

Monk should be in the running for manager of the year in the championship despite the disappointing end to the season.

If you had fallen into a coma in July and woken up today knowing nothing as to what's happened and someone said that leeds had finished 7th top or 7th from bottom, not many would have thought 7th top if we are being honest.

And I still stand by my belief that we are not a top half team on paper, so really it has been a remarkable season.

As for next season, who knows who will be in charge of the team, but I'd wager it won't be Ranieri. But there is going to be a big rebuild to do. We are probably going to lose Taylor, and maybe Wood, and as it stands Bartley and Jansson are not signed yet, so potentially we could lose them also.

Add thatto the fact that Doukara is not good enough, and Roofe, Phillips, Vieira and O'Kane need to massively up their levels of performance it could be looking grim in August.

Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Sheffield United will be strong additions to the division, Derby, Norwich, Aston Villa and ipswich Town will improve on this season, and the 3 teams that miss out on the play offs mean next season is going to be even harder than this.

We should have strengthened in January with a couple of players who would change the style of play a bit as it seems as though we were found out as how we played. And we should have played a better team against Sutton and taken on a faltering arsenal team at home and we could have gone to Wembley. But otherwise, a much better season than the relegation battle I was half expecting.

Let's go to wigan, win 10-0, and hope that Wednesday can thrash Fulham and we will look at the season completely differently 😂😂😂

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****