Return to Index  

Re: Monk Out

May 1 2017 at 12:46 PM
Shaka  (Login scrabblerSE22)

Response to Re: Monk Out

We shouldn't beat ourselves up and argue. What worries me is what happens next. Progressive clubs with decent owners build on disappointments, all we get is speculation and concerns, which just about sums up this club and its ownership. Brighton had a double disappointment last season missing automatic promotion then play-off heartache. They didn't sit down and speculate about the manager and everything else, they looked at ways/methods to improve, the result this time around is automatic promotion. Similarly with Wendies, they are stronger after last season's experience.

For me this season was a wasted opportunity. What were Fulham, Reading and Huddersfield's ambitions at the beginning of the season, non of them were expected to challenge for promotion. Fulham were in the doldrums not so long ago, and its not by chance they now have an exciting young team full of quality. Modern clubs sit down and plan how they will progress and bring stability. Even Huddersfield have shown how to run and improve a football club, which is reaping its rewards on the pitch, they didn't sit back and applaud themselves, thinking they are punching above their weight, they want to grasp the chance by investing during the transfer window.

Sleeping giants and all that bollocks doesn't count anymore. The likes of Hull, Burnley and Bournemouth have shown what clubs can achieve even if the yoyo between divisions, point is they will always have lot more pulling power than us in terms of bringing in players.

We've all said it on here the January transfer window was a wasted opportunity, and now Cellino and his cronies want to wait to June before setting out their non-existent plans. They should be discussing with Monk within days of the season ending. For me the owners are clueless cunts or they are simply not interested in getting out of this league.

Respond to this message   

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****