Return to Index  

Re: Monk

May 26 2017 at 12:27 PM
CJ  (Login BPAWHITE)

Response to Re: Monk

Some ridiculous comments on this thread.Monk may have been arrogant but most good managers are along with the best players.When we first appointed Monk i was gutted but he proved in 12 months that he was the best manager we have had since Grayson.While we are talking about Grayson i thought he did a great job and shouldnt have been sacked however plenty on here did.Losing Monk is a body blow and he didnt have loads of money to spend,we got £6m for cook and brought in Ayling and various loaness whilst failing to invest in Jan window when we needed freshening up.He has trebled Chris Wood's value in 12 months and brought through Viera and shored up our defence by bringing in loanees.Yes we wobbled at the end but i think youll find Monk wont be out of work for long and btw how much money did Boro give Karanka to get promoted much more than leeds united will give him.In my opinion Monk probably wanted re assurances that he would have control over transfers and some sound investment,not a 12 month rolling contract hardly stability for building a team.With our new owner bringing in a new director of football and MD i feel its the owner who wants change.Lets see if we get Karanka(jury out on him) and what the plan is.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Monk - KentWhite64 on May 26, 2017, 3:52 PM
    • Re: Monk - Gipton on May 26, 2017, 4:50 PM
      • Re: Monk - Gipton on May 26, 2017, 5:33 PM

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****