Return to Index  

Re: Another false dawn

June 18 2017 at 2:27 PM
Shaka  (Login scrabblerSE22)

Response to Re: Another false dawn

Have to agree, there is a distinct lack of ambition at the top, it's been going on for too long. Despite a surprisingly solid season that ultimately ended in disappoint, there are no signs that we have built on this.
I won't hold my breath, I'm dreading the transfer window, clubs will come along and cherry pick our better players.

As for the new manager he'll probably be out of the door before the ink has dried on his contract (slight exaggeration). Every now and again an unknown gem springs up. But come on APOEL were hardly banging at his door to keep him.

This reminds me of the Darko appointment, don't tell me the Cypriot league is any better than the Albanian or Slovenian league. Either way we are always looking for a manager on the cheap who will become a puppet to the owners.

We all hope and try to believe, but eventually realism kicks in. There are plenty of clubs out there who know how to move forward, why are we incapable?

The likes of Burnley and Hull might yo-yo between The Championship and the Premier league but eventually they will work it out and eventually settle for longer in Premier league just like West Brom. Over time these clubs are building up their profile and finances, is it any wonder our best players are easily picked off by the likes Bournemouth and other clubs.

Smaller clubs like these have the money, profile and ambition, that we've lacked for over a decade. We can't blame Ridsdale anymore or even that cunt Bates.

Respond to this message   

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****