Return to Index  

Re: Cake & eat it.

July 31 2017 at 9:08 PM
Spezial  (Login spezial)

Response to Cake & eat it.

I think the matchday prices are an absolute rip off. Being an old stager I can obviously compare what percentage of my disposable income goes on a ticket nowadays compared to back in the 80's, and without a shadow of doubt , it's ridiculous nowadays. As every year passes I lose more passion for the game of professional football, and sadly, it's beginning to affect my passion for Leeds Utd. If we get off to a flyer, the increase may be swallowed by some fans, but conversely, a bad start and poor form, just watch the crowds plummet. How anyone expects people to turn up on the day of a "big" game, and expect them to pay £44 for a ticket in The Gods of the the Upper East Stand is beyond me. How many people would pay £44 to watch us against Preston whilst justifying those prices? Some of the shite served up in a sterile atmosphere last season wasn't worth £4 never mind £44. Sadly it's a sign of the times. The gentrification of the working man's game has all but killed it for proper fans. I'm sorry Vinnie, I don't buy into an "extra couple of quid" to compete with our rivals. How much would you pay to "compete" with Chelsea and Man U in the Premier League, £55......£60 ? When you can't even see a sliding tackle or your tough as Boots centre half grab a striker by the throat, £30 is too much for me.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****