Return to Index  

Re: Cake & eat it.

August 1 2017 at 6:53 PM
Vinnie Jones  (Login vinnie-jones)

Response to Re: Cake & eat it.

50p for the boys pen when I first started going to watch Leeds with my mates, so as yourself & most on here, we've all seen the changes & been through the most turbulent of times. You kind of answered the point I'm making Spezial, the grounds not full of old lads anymore, it's full of day trippers or at least so in the premiership. It's a business, not a sport anymore, hasn't been really since the likes of Jack Walker started to spend millions to buy the league, it's all about the more you spend the more chance you have of winning, sorry, buying the title all but for Leicester being very rare exception.
I like the new chairman, he's opened his wallet & put his money where his mouth is, for the first time in a long time, so I wish him all the success & obviously I want to see us back with the elite, although we wouldn't be able to compete with them. We've had shitty penny pinching owners for a long time & owners with huge ambitions running up masses of debt so we're due a bit of luck for one & hopefully this season we get some. If not this season then next as it looks like we are building on top of last season & preparing for the long term future with some of the youngsters that are coming in. I'm usually hopeful at the start of each season, but this season there is a genuine reason to feel this way.

Respond to this message   

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****