Return to Index  

Re: FFS

September 27 2017 at 3:58 PM
Spezial  (Login spezial)

Response to Re: FFS

I'll be honest Ovy, I'd like some real bite in midfield, I think it's gonna affect our chances of promotion if he doesn't add to the squad. I've been away and not seen the last two games, but judging by what I've read in the press, last night's game was another where we were physically and technically second best. We were probably poor technically because we weren't given time on the ball, but that is where the real quality players showcase their talents when it's 100 mph, they are good enough to cope. Sunday's game isn't a must win by any means, but a draw or a loss means it's just 3 or 4 points from twelve, and you really can't have too many poor runs like that if you're an automatic promotion contender. This is a real steep learning curve for Christiansen, I'm hoping he is a quick learner. At this stage I wouldn't be too worried about his lack of motivational ability, I would be worried that he just doesn't have the right sort of players for a more high tempo physical battle. Like you said, those sort of games are coming thick and fast, and because of who we are, our opponents don't really need firing up when we roll into town. Having seen the team he put out last night, I'm surprised he played our best crosser of a ball ( Dallas), without a target to aim for in the middle. The big kid Grot looks like he has the ability and physicality to play at this level, and I'd say that was a big mistake to have him on the bench and leave Roofe ploughing a lone furrow down the middle. I don't think Roofe is quick enough to run beyond defenders, or strong enough to play a role holding the ball up for other players. He may do a job for us in a different role, but that certainly wasn't a good situation for him last night. Will we flatter to deceive, or are we the real deal just finding our feet ? I'm still not sure about our automatic promotion credentials with this group of players, but if we hover there or thereabouts till January, who knows, our new manager and owners may decide to get out there and really make sure by adding more quality to the squad.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: FFS - Gipton on Sep 27, 2017, 5:18 PM
    • Re: FFS - Spezial on Sep 27, 2017, 5:39 PM
      • Re: FFS - Gipton on Sep 27, 2017, 6:33 PM
        • Re: FFS - ovy on Sep 27, 2017, 10:43 PM

• Re: FFS - DG on Sep 28, 2017, 2:29 AM
  •  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****