Return to Index  

Impressive send off

September 29 2017 at 4:46 AM
colin bell  (Login nw42)

Response to Re: Lost a friend

Tough day for all concerned yesterday but if any of you lads had driven past the church in Stockport as the hearse arrived you would have thought you'd landed in some sort of Yorkshire enclave, big floral LUFC club badge, various displays in white yellow & blue, near on every single one of the 100plus in attendance were wearing a white rose buttonhole.

You'll be pleased to know that LUFC featured heavily throughout the service, even his lifelong "hatred" for the salford rags was mentioned from the pulpit, quality moment.

His matchgoing mates came over and stayed around for a few hours afterwards, they had bought a Leeds shirt with No4 and his name on the back, they left to get back to ER and leave the shirt on the Bremner statue, nice touch lads (N, S & J) and it was good to meet you, I know you'll be welcome back in the Tunnes anytime you like.

Thanks again fellas for the kind words last week, my first post just sort of spilled out but the responses were very much appreciated, so I thought it only right to let you know how it went.

It really is time you were back in the top flight, I'm finding myself developing a soft spot for your club, the sooner hostilities are resumed the better, I miss hating Leeds....

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****