Return to Index  

Re: End of Garry 'Spunk'

December 24 2017 at 7:58 AM
Gipton   (Login giptonwhite71)

Response to End of Garry 'Spunk'

His arrogance has caught up with him, he started believing his own press. Last season we had a few good performances but for every good there was probably a dire one. I think we finished in a bit of a false position last season boosted by Woods goals.
I think it flattered us a bit and Monk was caught up in his own self adulation.
It will be interesting to see the media reaction to this, if this was Leeds that had sacked him we would have been branded trigger happy, unstable a basket case. Steve Gibson must go down as one of the best chairman in football today, particularly from a managers point of view. Will the media and pundits want to point out Monks shortcomings or change their view on Gibson.
Monk has spent a fortune in comparison to Christiansen and Leeds stuck by their man through a really bad run. He has turned it around and we are getting results even if the football isn’t up to Galacticos levels. Maybe just maybe we have unearthed a gem in TC. He might preside over another disastrous run of form and be out in a few weeks but I think he’s earned the right to try and for the time being deserves our support.
Cue the abuse.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****