Return to Index  

Today.

December 26 2017 at 5:52 PM
Spezial  (Login spezial)

The only thing today confirmed for me was that we will challenge for top 6 at best with this current squad. I’m hoping the owners can see this and inject some cash for either the head of recruitment or Christiansen to strengthen in the window. Two pieces of real quality in a 5 minute spell won us that game, but not getting a shot on target for the first 60 minutes is mighty worrying against a team as bad as Burton. A section of fans have made their feelings known towards Grot, and I think that will have fucked his chances in the team up good and proper, but more worrying is the lack of a real centre forward currently available. The more I see of Lasogga the more I see an unfit Sunday League player in his late 30’s who’s lack of movement will limit him to 15 minutes cameos like today. Roofe is working his socks off, but that isn’t his natural role, he’s neither fast enough or strong enough to lead the line, but he showed yet again he comes alive with the ball at his feet where it matters. Gipton will be calling for a civic reception for the team upon their return to Leeds, and the facts are, it’s another 3 points on a day when teams above us slipped up, but we shouldn’t be clinging on for our lives against shit like this if we are gonna seriously challenge at the business end. This is a good run we are on, and it can get better, but only if we get a couple of better quality players to plug a couple of gaps. Christiansen needs to tell Alioski to fuck off from any dead ball situations for the rest of his Leeds career, that breakaway from his shit delivery would have killed us at 2-0, and he did it again in the 2nd half. Lessons need to be learned, and quickly, if this run is to continue.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****