Return to Index  

Re: Orta

January 21 2018 at 8:23 PM
Shaka  (Login scrabblerSE22)

Response to Re: Orta

What also saddens me is that we're getting 30K plus every home game. More than last season when at this stage we were stronger and on an upward curve. We'll lose a lot of support (and some of the up an coming younger support) at this rate. I don't want young impressionable kids in the play ground saying 'I support Leeds but I like Aguero and City'.

I think AR is missing a trick here, unless he's incapable and lacks ambition. You don't buy a football club and expect to make short term profits i.e. wheeling and dealing in the transfer market, you need a substantial amount of real cash flow plus clever planning to move United in the right direction.

He had last season's platform to build on. Ok we flopped at the end of the season. But there was enough in place for him to work on over the summer. He had the funds to bring in better players and plan a real assault on pushing for promotion

Buying back the ground was great but not enough. His decisions speak volumes. Orta has been a disaster. Recruiting a Japanese J League player plus other nobodies who have gone out on loan says it all for me. We're flirting around the play-offs (probably in a false position) and this is the type of player we're signing.

The results are starting to bear the true nature of our performances, we're smart enough to see this, why can't TC see it? He reportedly stated before Christmas that we didn't need to strengthen the squad. Is he just towing the party line or is he totally out of his depth. The crowds alone should tell AR and TC that we don't want to languish in mid-table mediocrity for ever.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Orta - JohnToshacksbollocks on Jan 21, 2018, 8:40 PM
  •  
  • Re: Orta - JohnToshacksbollocks on Jan 21, 2018, 8:40 PM
  •  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****