Return to Index  

Re: Manager

January 24 2018 at 4:56 PM
Spezial  (Login spezial)

Response to Manager

It’s hard to judge any manager when we don’t actually know what input he has in identifying weak areas in the team and strengthening them. TC has done a couple of worrying things, most notably playing Phillips up front as a number 10 in one game.There is no excuse for that, it showed either real naivety on his behalf, or simply an astounding lack of judgement. Other problems, including a so called lack of discipline, may be harsh on the fella. I’ve seen Cooper’s latest sending off, and would have to say Bridcutt’s challenge on Ayling was worse and had more intent. We all want the sort of commitment Cooper shows, but when you are over committed nowadays, it’s a red card unfortunately. Cooper has a body that is playing in 2018, but a brain that is playing in the 1980’s, it’s hard for a manager to temper that. What worries me about the current team is something that has worried me since we were relegated in 2004, an inability from every single manager to set a team up that plays with width and pace. The nearest we have been to returning to the top flight was under the much maligned Kevin Blackwell, who took us to within one game of glory by playing his centre forwards (Robbie Blake and David Healy) as wide men. No other manager has come close, and no other manager has ever found the right wide players and adopted the right formation to really trouble opponents, if TC is to continue with such a laboured build up, with such slow players, he may as well fuck off now. If he can see that pace and strength are pre-requisites for any successful team, he has to act now, and insist on the right sort of players to implement his plan. After that, it’s out of his hands.

Respond to this message   
Responses

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****