<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Odsal Memories.

August 19 2008 at 10:29 AM
exsouthstand  (Login exsouthstand)

The one thing i will never forget about this game is when we went on the pitch to escape the burning chip van,came out the ground through the Bradford end,i lost my mates so was hanging around to see if i could find them, stood with a load of lads assumed they were Leeds, anyway they turned out to be Bradford as a few of them lifted there jumpers up to reveal Bradford scarves tied around them,giving it the big one until down the road you could hear,Leeds,Leeds,Leeds,Basically the whole Bradford lot ran without even getting close to the Leeds mob.
Got with this Leeds mob and then chased another mob of Bradford away to the Richard Dunn sports centre,then walked back to the station no OB in sight exchanging pleasantries with the local ethnics.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Wibsey
(Login Wibsey)

Re: Odsal Memories.

August 19 2008, 10:55 AM 

scarves on... sound like city's mob alright pal.. boring cunt

Respond to this message   
exsouthstand
(Login exsouthstand)

August 19 2008, 11:00 AM 

One question, why would the home teams fans hide their scarves?

Respond to this message   
g
(Login bookiemanwinderupper)

August 19 2008, 11:03 AM 

not sure bratfud realise just how insignifi cunt they really are?
considered an absolute joke by the majority of leeds fans! "we will see" yeh yeh yeh yawn!

Respond to this message   
end pen
(Login bigley)

August 19 2008, 11:54 AM 

Arrived at bradford to the sound of barking dogs and windows of the train getting smashed, thousands of leeds roaming around unopposed by any ointment. Finally found our way to the shithole after various lagers, again unopposed. One of the lads gets his head cracked opon by leeds throwing bricks from behind the chip van, that grass banking area then bang, the chip van goes up directly behind us and my mate is stood there with a bag of money he swiped from the van. As leeds attack the bradford end and the infamous HOOLI VAN drives around the pitch we invade, exchanging pleasantries with trevor cherry on the way. We make our way to the seating area in the far corner and bang, my first punch as a football fan lands, knocking out some bare chested beer monster. As a young lad im hooked, the feeling was invincible, into their end and im off on one.

I remeber walking back to the train station when i was congratulated by older lads of the firm and feeling top of the world. We met some bradford but they ran, some gave chase but the rest couldn't be arsed. Eventually we were rounded up and 4 were nicked, the rest herded back to the station

The night ended back in a local boozer with stories of the day, what an experience, sat with lads in the know, feeling part of them, legends in a young lads eyes, knowing you have proved yourself to them

Respond to this message   
generalwade
(Login generalwade)

August 19 2008, 2:52 PM 

sadly they are now only memories for most of us from the 70's/80's.
for the younger crowd they'll never know what it was like to go in the kippax - shed - clock end - chicken run or shelf to name but a few.
those days are gone but not forgotten.
R&R.

Respond to this message   
leeds9w
(Login leeds9w)

August 19 2008, 2:56 PM 

Its a good job its only memories half of us couldnt make it the full width of the pitch nowadays.

We dont walk that far between pubs

Respond to this message   
generalwade
(Login generalwade)

August 19 2008, 2:59 PM 

pitch invasions were something in their day.
usually resulted in a closer of er.
but trying to get on the pitch in paris was special.

Respond to this message   
skipton
(Login inspectormorse-skipton)

Young un

August 19 2008, 4:23 PM 

14\15 at the time, and to say that day was an eye opener is a fucking understatement.

Been to a few aways like hudds and Barnsley and seen a bit of trouble, but this was something else. Wasnt just a few nutters there was fucking hundreds. There were Leeds from everywhere, Wales, Scotland, London all over England and lads from Sweden\Norway etc.

1st game they had dropped the membership (red card ffs) \ all ticket restriction wasnt it? and the last

Dont remember to much before the game, but once inside you could tell something was going to kick off.

All of a sudden the terrace to the left of us parted as 50-100 Leeds surged down the terrace, fucking mayhem after that as lads started climbing fences and launching fucking rocks the size of footballs from the banking behind us (fuck knows why as the where hitting Leeds lads.)

We stood under the chip van trying to get away from the hail of rocks, when we here "its going to fucking blow". Panic everywhere as lads were trying to clamber over fences to get out of the way. Luckily some stewards opened some gates and we got out of the way. Looked back and some total nutters were trying to push the fucking thing down the terrace.

Outside we got herded onto buses as Leeds lads were running amok all over. Bus windows going through everywhere, with seats and all sorts geting launched out. Coppers were struggling lke fuck to cope.

Bit vague but got back to the train station, which was strangley quiet, only to be chucked on a train to Leeds,though we were going back to Skipton, and the coppers wouldnt let us go catch that train. A familar feeling following Leeds.

reckon if that had happened to today there would have been a few Thousand expecting a knock, and that isnt exajurating.

Respond to this message   
1filaBJ
(Login 1filaBJ)

Re: Young un

September 6 2008, 1:31 AM 

must have been near you as that is a count for count same exsperiance as me iam now 39 and could t put it better them where the days.

Respond to this message   
bfd ointment
(Login bfd.ointment)

August 19 2008, 4:36 PM 

you really do talk some shite on his forum yes leeds have always had the numbers
but to say at odsal you had us running all day is complete bollocks and leads me to question how many of you were even born that day.
both firms gave a good account of themselves a few groups of city got a kicking as did a few groups of leeds all in all it was a good day something the younger generation will never see

Respond to this message   
Est.1986
(Login Est.1986)

Jesus....

August 19 2008, 4:41 PM 

What are the chances of people actually been born that day?

Respond to this message   
Wibsey
(Login Wibsey)

Re: Jesus....

August 19 2008, 4:50 PM 

I'd be the firts to admit Leeds had the largest numbers I ever witnessed that day. Hundreds of them in seperate mobs. Up to 1,000 or more. But it was also the biggest mob I ever saw Bradford City have too which was bolstered by the residents of Newby Square. Defo 500 at one point. The thing is you lot have selective memories. There will be quite a few on here who know they got the scare of their lives that day.. And its true ointment were strtched all over the place and just could not cope with all your numbers at times.. And i would suggest there would not be many firms in the country who could have.. But shite about unopposed etc is bollox. I think about 20 Ointment got jail for that game.

Respond to this message   
M621
(Login M621A)

August 19 2008, 7:32 PM 

You're right Leeds didnt have it all their own way. Think that was the game SS got slashed...

Respond to this message   
bfd ointment
(Login bfd.ointment)

August 21 2008, 12:26 AM 

yeah i remember seeing a leeds lad get stabbed up manchester road and another with his arm broke.
like i say it was one of the best rucks ive ever been involved in. leeds had massive numbers out that day but you didnt take the piss

Respond to this message   
Teddy Ruxpin
(Login Teddy_Ruxpin)

this thread is fucking silly

August 22 2008, 2:42 PM 

after all that happened that day and you still think you havent been taken the piss out of

ok in that case the only way it would ever happen is if 3000 sas come in and shoot you all dead because if one of you lived you would be on here saying you did alright

Respond to this message   
richlufc
(Login richlufc)

August 19 2008, 4:51 PM 

Some busybody old friend of my mother showed her the Mondays T and A which had a beauty picture of me and my mate running accross the pitch to the Bradford end(I was 17) It was in colour too so there was no chance of me pretending it was someone else.I got a right hiding(from her not the famous oikment)

Respond to this message   
Wibsey
(Login Wibsey)

August 19 2008, 4:55 PM 

And your from Bradford? You complete twat.

Respond to this message   
gob smacked!
(Login superman43)

that match at odsal was very disturbing!

August 19 2008, 5:35 PM 

The said match at odsal was one of the worst experiences i have encounted watching leeds away in some thing like 30 yrs of following leeds away.
The amount of trouble caused by leeds fans that day was on a scale i have never seen before!
Both before the game going up manchester road,in odsal,after the game it was very scary .. the thing was it was mainly leeds who was causing the main problems & all manner of people where getting hurt & this was from our own fans ...totally unreal.
Now i also saw some city fans causing bother as well up manchester road before the game,& afterwards on richard dunne's football pitches...where there was a mass free for all...which was quite comical...as i was watching from my aunties house which over looked the area... which i went to after the game got stopped & players taken off....know the area quite well as i have family who live there.
After wards walked down manchester road... total mayem ... quite a lot of asians where out throwing stones at buses then running off' coming back again..doing the same thing again...crazy...i think if memory serves me right a leeds fan got stabbed on manchester road..a one hit wonder the kid who did it ran off.. it was well reported at the time in the t&a & e/post.
Quite a number of people did get jailed from both sides as well.

Respond to this message   
generalwade
(Login generalwade)

Re: that match at odsal was very disturbing!

August 19 2008, 6:11 PM 

Interesting you found it disturbing that day!!
This is a football violence site I'd have thought
if you where leeds you'd have seen more in 30yrs.
Wolves Chelsea Brum & Paris come to mind.R&R.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****