<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

3 on trot!!

February 11 2017 at 4:49 PM
scum8ter  (Login scum8ter)

We'll be lucky to stay in play-offs...while we are starting to look shit, teams above n below us are looking strong.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
wanker
(Login Pen_Talk)

Re: 3 on trot!!

February 11 2017, 4:51 PM 

yup. i still think we'll make play offs, but i can't see us getting passed rejuvenated wendies and dog shaggers - who both look unstoppable.

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

February 11 2017, 6:17 PM 

2 on the trot if you're going to start fucking moaning at least get it right!! We can't win every game, Reading lost about 3 on the bounce a couple of weeks ago & they're still in the mix.

Respond to this message   
whiteburnley
(Login whiteburnley)

February 11 2017, 6:40 PM 

Forget hudds/wends its derby/norwich below us we should be worried about.
If we must have a bad patch better now than later.

Respond to this message   
jimmy
(Login walmot)

February 11 2017, 10:08 PM 

Piss poor today on the back of being outplayed by the dog botherers. If we dont turn it round on Tuesday the task becomes massive.

Respond to this message   
scum8ter
(Login scum8ter)

Jimmy,

February 11 2017, 10:39 PM 

You're not allowed to moan , Vinnie said so.

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

Re: Jimmy,

February 12 2017, 6:06 AM 

You can moan as much as you like mate, but like I said, we've only lost. 2 on the bounce, not 3. Not ideal I know, but we're not going to win them all unfortunately. Cardiff was always going to be a jinx team with Wanker & Bamba there with points to prove.
I was readIng the post below about Cellino & some people saying about missing out on investment of players in the last transfer window & slagging him off for it, why isn't The other Italian owner getting the same abuse directed st him also now the mat he's joint 50% owner???

Respond to this message   
Wodow
(Login trialtek)

February 12 2017, 1:24 PM 

Well the fact Cellinio has had his ban shortened may pose a problem with the new 50% owner. Cellinio won't put any money in if he has plans to finally sell up and the other may have plans to buy the whole package, Club, ground and Thorpe arch. It is safe to say if I was this new fella wanting the whole package I wouldn't invest either. Just imagine how much the price would jump up if we got promoted. Ok this is not ideal for us supporters but if he acquires the whole lot with Leeds in the Championship in the summer then we might see real investment. Let's face it, if we get promoted in May I have no doubt the club will see little of those millions but some new yacht in Florida may well do.

Respond to this message   
Shaka
(Login scrabblerSE22)

February 12 2017, 1:53 PM 

The point is Garry Monk has got us into a position we didn't expect to be in, and the owners or co-owners have done fuck all to support him. For me the January transfer window was a great opportunity to enhance a promotion push. All this bollocks about 'in your cup final to Huddersfield' is laughable. Their board are far more advanced in their plans and thinking than we are. Them and Wendies brought in players during the window which shows their ambition, the co-owners did fuck all in reality, there's no excuse. It's a long hard season it will be sad for us (supporters) if we're not in the mix at the end of it. We know what the potential is here, however it needs the board to step up and show real intent.

Respond to this message   
glasgowwhite75
(Login glasgowwhite75)

February 12 2017, 3:17 PM 

Top top post. You are so right about these "cheerleaders" who spout their nonsense of "in your cup final" to a club who are without doubt forward thinking and pro-active towards a long term goal. We are punching above our weight, of that there is no doubt. Don't know if you caught Goals on Sunday this morning but I thought Peter Reid called it bang on. He might not be everyone's cup of tea but he's always been positive when asked about Leeds United. He said we were a massive football club, great fans (all the usual stuff when LUFC ae spoken of) but that he feared that clubs around us, both those already in play off positions, and those pushing for a place (ie Norwich & Derby) had better, deeper squads.
Hope he is wrong. My fear is he might well be right.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

February 12 2017, 8:38 PM 

I'm not one for buying players for the sake of it however i'm sure Garry Monk will have had targets in the transfer window which never materialised.In football its about seizeing the moment when you have momentum,unfortunately time may tell that we didnt.Its right as said previous that our owners smell a chance of getting promoted on the cheap which will make them millions if we got ino the premier league however bringing in two wingers didnt make sense.The Cardiff game worried me in that monk selected pedrazza to justify signing him rather than on merit.Our centre midfield had no creativity and there is an over reliance on hernadez which can make us a one trick pony,we also needed back up for Wood and at CB...anyways a play-off place was beyond our expectations this season so top six would still be a great achievement imo.Norwich are the team to watch.

Respond to this message   
scum8ter
(Login scum8ter)

So come on then Vinny!!

April 30 2017, 12:34 AM 

I fucking told ya!.

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

Re: So come on then Vinny!!

May 12 2017, 7:56 PM 

I'm here fella, been having problems logging in, why what's up? Yeah, you did tell me so, a proper little Nostradamus aren't we!
Vinnie with an "IE" but thanks for the spelling lesson.

Respond to this message   
scum8ter
(Login scum8ter)

May 12 2017, 8:26 PM 

Ha ha yes Vinnie with an i.e, it was tongue in cheek bud after the 3 on trot mistake .

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

May 12 2017, 8:45 PM 

It's alright mate, we are all little pissed off at how it all ended a little flat. Fingers crossed we can get it right next season & please if there is a god, don't let those dog botherers win the play offs..!!

Respond to this message   
Shaka
(Login scrabblerSE22)

Potentially Too Many Derbies Next Season

May 18 2017, 5:53 PM 

Imagine if Hudds don't win their play-off final and Bradford win theirs. Well that will mean, if my counting is correct and you include Boro we'll have 7 Yorkshire derbies. Games we don't always do well in due to their intensity. Then I guess it depends on the quality of our team for next season. Plenty of posturing off the pitch, but if we want promotion too many of these games don't suit us.

Respond to this message   
protier
(Login protier)

Re: Potentially Too Many Derbies Next Season

May 19 2017, 9:29 AM 

As you say a lot of local games next season, but we will still play Bristol City, Cardiff, Ipswich and Norwich on a Tuesday night in the middle of winter next season.

Respond to this message   
GINGER
(Login GINGERWILDCAT)

Re: Potentially Too Many Derbies Next Season

May 19 2017, 11:38 AM 

Fcukin hell, that could see a fair few 12 o'clock kick offs!

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

only one derby isn't there ?

May 19 2017, 2:54 PM 

Thats what I thought !!
I'll get me coat.

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Re: only one derby isn't there ?

May 19 2017, 8:54 PM 

There is never a case of too many derbies where Leeds are involved, it's just an excuse for having shit or under committed players. What next, we have too many games on the South coast, or we are playing too many teams with ex players trying to prove a point ! When Leeds won their first title in 1969 every game was a fuckin war, from all the London teams who hated us, to the fist fights on the field in the North East, players led off the field at Everton to allow the fighting to subside, and War of the Roses against the Manc teams and especially Burnley. Too many derbies, fuck me stiff. When I look back into my old man's scrapbooks, there wasn't a game went by without someone getting chinned or carried off. If you have the right players they will treat every game like a derby and react accordingly.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****