DG  (Login DavidGedge)

....is the new Lee Chapman

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Fte2016
(Login FTE2016)

Re: Chris Wood...

February 25 2017, 1:23 PM 

I'd say he's better than chapman cos he can use his feet a bit. Whatever anybody says about the lad he's scoring goals an that'll do for me

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

February 26 2017, 1:24 PM 

I've referenced Wood in my other post today, he's playing the best football of his Leeds career. I've been his harshest critic, but he has improved a lot recently, mostly due to an increase in commitment and a desire to work for the team. Unfortunately I don't think he is a natural in that department, and my worry is he may have to be constantly coaxed to give that same effort. If his work rate starts dropping off I'll be back on his case, but I'd be delighted if we could get yesterday's level of performance every game. Is he the new Lee Chapman?, fuck me, that's a tad premature. When he is doing it in the Premiership against top class defenders every week and winning Leauge titles I'd consider a comparison. For me he would probably fare no better than Beckford, Healy and Bechio who tried making the step up. They didn't reach ten goals between all 3 of them in their top flight careers,and while Bechio reminisces about how many goals he scored while herding cows on the Pampas, he will omit to tell people he never scored a single goal after he left Leeds for Norwich. Chris Wood is Chris Wood, scoring goals in the worst Championship for years. Would I love to see his goals propelling Leeds up the Premier League, you bet I would, but he wouldn't have the slack cunts marking him that he had yesterday.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

February 26 2017, 2:18 PM 

My reference was more that as a footballer he is not the best, but he knows where the net is after a slow start and is incredibly consistent at hitting the net. Won us 16 points this season with his goals.

Just as a reminder, Beckford was Evertons top league scorer in his only season with them.

Respond to this message   
Seaham white
(Login seahamwhite)

Wood or Rhodes ?

February 26 2017, 4:30 PM 

on yesterday's showing not worth his price tag, wood on the other hand ...

Respond to this message   
scum8ter
(Login scum8ter)

Re: Wood or Rhodes ?

March 3 2017, 11:00 PM 

Well done Chris

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****