<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Rode our luck

March 4 2017 at 12:43 PM
Ovy  (Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

Imho we rode our luck for most of the game last neet, I personally thought we were shite again in our non existent midfield.
Absolutely chuffed with the three points and sometimes we will be under the cosh, we'll it's happening far too regularly for my liking but we held out and got the win we didn't deserve, we have a solid defence thank god although Pontus was all over the shop early on, wood did fantastically all game on his own but YET AGAIN that fat arsed doukara is a fucking disgrace.
Is that the first game this season we didn't have a player booked !
At this stage I'll take a point at Fulham because on their day they're a very hard side to beat especially at home.
I don't expect us to get promotion this season but will be bitterly disappointed if we don't stay in the playoffs.
I had hoped monk would see all our failings and misgivings sat in the stand but didn't do much to sort the midfield out, I know we have a limited squad but it didn't take much, anyway, like I said, well chuffed with the win.
Hopefully some investment early pre season will strengthen what we already have, onwards and upwards.
MOT

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Re: Rode our luck

March 4 2017, 8:45 PM 

I think the shape of the team is the most important thing for Monk, and at the moment he is getting away with some poor individual performances because we keep our shape and are quick to get bodies behind the ball when we inevitably lose possession. I think that is why Doukara is a nailed on starter, he holds his position and gets through a ton of work. In fairness to Doukara, that was a lovely pass he layed into Phillips for our 3rd goal, and while Wood had another excellent game, my missus and my old aunt Norma wouldn't have missed that open goal from 6 yards, so let's give the lads who do the spadework a bit of credit rather than been so blinkered we just look at the scorers. I agree with Ovy's comments generally though, that first half was technically as bad as you will see on a football pitch at this level. I don't know how Hernandez stayed on the field, maybe it was Monk wanting to retain the shape and formation, but I've not seen a performance as bad from a Leeds player for many a year. He was weak, slow, wasteful with the ball and caused us so many problems cos he couldn't keep possession. I've worried about his overall impact on the team for a while, I think he will bully teams that are under the cosh, but he is insipid in too many games. Our defence did more than they should have to again, and credit to them for another clean sheet, but the real shining light for me was Chris Wood. The manager and coaching staff deserve medals for the transformation in Wood, this is the player we've wanted to see for the last 18 months. He led the line brilliantly, and his first goal was down to chasing a ball he wouldn't have set off for a few months back. I think rather than being carried, he is actually carrying some of our players now. Let's enjoy the ride for the time being, and hope we can get ourselves a place in the top four, and a favourable play off tie. After that I think we may be relying on the Football Gods to smile down on us.

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

March 4 2017, 8:47 PM 

Should have said only conceding one goal. The clean sheet was wishful thinking.

Respond to this message   
Oz
(Login ozzywhitelufc)

Top post

March 4 2017, 9:00 PM 

Would have taken me a week to write that !! A+++

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Re: Top post

March 4 2017, 9:06 PM 

Cheers Oz. I'm went to John Smeatons, so even making myself understood is a bonus really.

Respond to this message   
Oz
(Login ozzywhitelufc)

March 4 2017, 9:51 PM 

haha I went to a grammar school, think they were short of numbers at the time.. I made the Toffs look good.

Respond to this message   
whiteburnley
(Login whiteburnley)

March 5 2017, 1:26 PM 

One thing that worried me in that game was Hernandez. He looked to me like he couldnt give a fuck......or was I misreading it. Obviously I want the play offs and yet part of me doesnt....must be a fear caused by previous pain.

Respond to this message   
Fte2016
(Login FTE2016)

Perfect away performance

March 5 2017, 9:17 PM 

As one of the commentators said on box it was just that dint give too many chances away an was clinical when we got ours. As I've said before if you can win when your not playing well it's a bonus. Am sure as I have over years you lads will of seen us batter teams for 80 odd minutes of games an get sucker punched an lose. I for one won't argue at this stage of the season points is what we're gonna be judged on not performances. I'd like nowt better than us winning games having played like Barcelona but we ain't gonna. What we've got is a good manager who's getting everything an more out of a group of average players barring a couple who I'd say are good players at this level an a great team spirit who all know there roles in the team an sometimes that can be better than having a team of great individuals. We're in a great position let's be optimistic for a change cos for six or seven years we're looking up instead of down. All Leeds arnt we

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

March 7 2017, 9:41 AM 

I would definitely take a point at Fulham. They are on good form and on paper are at least a match for us so a point would be tremendous.

With regards to the play offs, I hope we get the Wendys as we are more than capable of getting through against them, then at Wembley it's about who has the biggest bollocks as much as who is the best team, and to be honest I think that with the young players like Vieira and even Phillips, they are too young to shit it and that could work in our favour big time.

Or maybe the African sun is muddling my mind?? 😂😂

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****