<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ha ha.

April 14 2017 at 9:51 PM
Spezial  (Login spezial)

Have some of that Shelvey you mekon headed big nosed cunt. Well done Leeds, that could be a massive point.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

Re: Ha ha.

April 14 2017, 10:34 PM 

How the fuck we managed that I'll never know. We were shocking, woefully bad. We struggle to put more than two passes together all evening, talk about riding our luck. Lots of paper over cracks this evening, all too plain to see where out weaknesses lie. Phillips needs try try out for the rhinos & take Doukara with him!!! More worryingly is that one more card for Jansson & that's him for 3 games.

Respond to this message   
snifferhbc
(Login snifferhbc)

Re: Ha ha.

April 15 2017, 10:33 AM 

Does Jansson take a yellow on Monday and hope we get to the play offs ?

Respond to this message   
glasgowwhite75
(Login glasgowwhite75)

The morning after

April 15 2017, 10:33 AM 

Must say, was on a bit of a high after that smash & grab at the death last night. But in the cold light of day, have to agree with Vinnie. We were woefully bad for long stretches last night. Our "Alamo" style defending got us through, but our distribution & playing out of defence was at times non existent, simply putting us back under the cosh time & time again. Phillips remains an enigma. I kinda like him but he frustrates beyond belief. He seems to foul at almost every 50/50 & his distribution is suspect. But he has an engine & the heart of a lion. He is young & still to find his craft, but he will come good IMO.

It does speak volumes mind you, that we are here picking the bones out of a 1-1 draw away at Newcastle, with a critical eye (me included!). We have over achieved with this squad, of that there is no doubt and Newcastle have a budget, squad & set up we could only dream of at present, so it shows you how hard the Premiership is if this side went down. Brighton too. They have been building for this for years & have a set up & investment that is streets ahead of us where we are right now.

Monk's recent comments about us having a great season/progress whatever happens & that we have set the foundations for progress have been interpreted in many ways. I think he was being honest about us as we are & where we are. He, we and every other person knows that should we go up this season, this current squad would need major surgery for any chance of survival in the Premier League. Last night proved that.

Every Leeds fan would kill for a play off win a Wembley in May. The last Wembley appearance was a disaster. Beaten by fucking Doncaster aside, It cost me over a grand for me & "'err indoors." Couldn't get a ticket so ended up in Wembley hospitality at £400 a pop (3 course meal & drinks included - i'd fucking like to think so!!). I was so distraught after that one, ended up out on the lash after it in Chinatown & Soho for food & far far too much wine. We missed the Glasgow shuttle from Heathrow that night, had to book into a hotel at Heathrow & fly back on the Monday, both missing work!

We have 4 games left. I do think we will be in the play offs. Can we do this ? Well Yes I think that we can. Our dependence on a few key players mind you, will be crucial as Vinnie rightly says re Jansson. Our ability to bounce back has impressed me this season, just wish we had a little more quality & strength in depth to see us over the line, but we can do it methinks.

We have to grab this opportunity. CARPE DIEM!

LUFC / MOT.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

Re: The morning after

April 15 2017, 10:53 AM 

We can pick the bones about how shite we are till the cows come home but last night we were playing a side who have had parachute payments and a squad that dwarfs ours.We came away with draw and of course you would expect the alamo as you are playing a top two side at home.For all our negatives we are fourth having played 42 matches so we havent been 'found out yet'.I believe if we make the play-offs Elland Road could be our trump card as our home form has been excellant this season but not sure we have what it takes to win the play-offs.If anything our lack of investment in jan window could come back to haunt us if suspensions kick in but given that we appointed Monk last minute and didnt have a pre-season as such we should thank our lucky stars.Our major concern should be appointing Monk longer term to avoid the usual pre-season chaos and mis-management.

As for Phillips i love the fact he puts his foot in especially in this day and age of modern footballers...given time he may blossom but its not like we signed him for millions so cut him some slack.

Respond to this message   
Shaka
(Login scrabblerSE22)

April 15 2017, 2:30 PM 

It is interesting when you consider young players like Phillips. We can all see his faults, so surely the coaching and management team can see them as well. They train everyday, he must of shown something to make the cut as a professional footballer. But you would expect the coaching staff to work and improve his weaknesses like the simple ability to pass the ball properly, sometimes you wonder what they do all week when they train. Roofe is another one I'd expect to improve, they should be working on getting him into goal scoring positions and then improving his composure when the chance arrives. It is worth persevering with young players if you have the right coaching team.

As for our a performances you can see a pattern developing especially away from home where we are constantly under the cosh. Brentford, Fulham and Reading showed very similar displays. We'll need to change something if we make the play offs and get the key to the Premier League. Or maybe we've reached our limit. The owners failed to act during the January window. This an opportunity that we shouldn't waste. If you think back Brighton were in similar position to us when Chris Houghton joined them, then the following season they were transformed,this season's success is a culmination of careful planning and investment. Our owners should take note.

Respond to this message   
steak
(Login steakandsidney)

April 15 2017, 3:26 PM 

We were never gonna dominate up there though were we ? but i thought we were outstanding defensively last night and so mentally strong in front of a 52,000 sell out at what is now the business end of the season...We have a team togetherness I've not seen for 15 years and Jansson last night was back to his early season best of putting his body on the line....whatever our failings we have the discipline and shape to stay in games...you don't see a 6-1 or 4-2 defeat in this team like you do some of the others and that will bode well over a two leg Semi...I wouldn't fear any of them in a Wembley Final TBH...I think some of our players would thrive in the atmosphere and big open playing areas down there....our biggest problem going forward is going to be the ambition of the twats who own us...as stated by others they failed with the right backing in January..Monk for me has kept his side of the bargain and got the best out of what he's got ...the spotlight should be back on the eyeties if we fail

Respond to this message   
steak
(Login steakandsidney)

...and

April 15 2017, 3:58 PM 

Oh Yeah nearly forgot Rob Green for England !!

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

We're going to bottle it..!!

April 17 2017, 5:48 PM 

I think the title says it all. I wasn't there as I'm away, but I can imagine how we played from looking at the side on paper. We were 9 points clear of Fulham not too many games ago & we should've put this to bed by now, but we've looked like we were limping across the line as we did with Blackwell quite a few years back for some games now. Someone mentioned about going to Newcastle & trying to beat them as they're 2nd in the league, try telling that to Ipswich!! We didn't even try & play football up there. Our fate is in our hands & I think we'll fuck it up as per fucking usual.

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Re: We're going to bottle it..!!

April 17 2017, 7:13 PM 

We've been lucky so far this season regarding performances in relation to results. We have won a lot of games that could easily have gone against us, and the law of averages was always going to turn against us. I wouldn't say we've necessarily overperformed, more that we've overachieved. The worrying thing for me is there are no real flair players waiting in the wings to really change a game we're struggling to win. Monk has really got his work cut out in the run-in, and it may be a little bit of his tinkering and tweaking that could make the difference. The last 3 games may tell us more about Monk than we've gleaned all season. He certainly can't squeeze any extra quality out of individual players, it just isn't there. He may have to work the oracle with a decidedly average bunch of players.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

April 17 2017, 8:41 PM 

Monk has already worked a minor miracle with the squad he has at his disposal...we were in a great position in January and needed the squad freshing up abit to comfortably get us over the line but that didnt happen.If we dont make the play-offs then monk has still done a great job in my eyes and i wasnt his biggest fan.We still have a chance of getting in the play-offs but we look stale and long term who knows what will happen with our key 'loanee' players and manager.Keep the faith as fulham and wednesday still have to play each other but if we dont win our games it means fuck all.

Respond to this message   
Shaka
(Login scrabblerSE22)

April 17 2017, 8:44 PM 

I guess the writings been on the wall for a while. We have a strong defence, a potent striker (he does need a supply) and a threadbare midfield. A midfield that can carryout its defensive duties, but has no creativity or attacking nous. The Championship is an unforgiving race, the last 7 or 8 matches are like going up hill in the final furlongs of the Grand National. You can't continuously rely on the defence to see us through tight matches. This is where our play-off rivals are ahead of us in terms of attacking ability. We need 3 wins, I'm hoping more than anticipating it will happen. Whatever the outcome Monk has done a brilliant job with limited resources.

Forward thinking clubs act at the right moment, we did nothing in January, all the fanfare around the co-owner who came in seems just a hollow gesture. When there's an unexpected opportunity which was developing around Christmas the owners should of grasped it with both hands.

Apart from Wendies, non of the clubs around were expected to challenge for the play-offs,
they've obviously done a lot of work behind the scenes to get to where they are. Fulham are the big danger, but I'm still hoping we can do it. Slightly depressing Easter Monday.

Respond to this message   
Ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

April 18 2017, 8:32 AM 

Mega chuffed with another point we didn't deserve at Newcastle and was honestly expecting a backlash yesterday,don't know why but it was just a strange feeling, it may matter not regards Fulham v Sheffield because we might not recover and ithey might just play out the classic draw.
Burton is an uncertainty,Norwich are well capable of beating anyone and Wigan will want to prove a point in their last game in the division, the United players shouldn't need a talking to about the play offs, they should realise what's in front of them, as I've said all along , I think we'll go out in a two legged IF we make it and if we don't I'll be bitterly disappointed, maybe the owners will act swiftly and build for next year in May..........or maybe they won't and that will be it for another decade.

Respond to this message   
snifferhbc
(Login snifferhbc)

April 18 2017, 1:46 PM 

Ok lads look on the optimistic side of things the ball is still in our side of the court if we win all 3 games left we will be in the play offs as Billy says Keep on fighting M.O.T.

Respond to this message   
Fte2016
(Login FTE2016)

April 18 2017, 4:37 PM 

Would be gutted if we didn't make the playoffs now having been in there since November but for me the squad isn't strong enough in all areas i.e. Defence centre midfield an forwards. We needed strengthening in January an didn't do an now it looks like we are gunna pay for it. For me it's between us an Wendy's for 6th cos Fulham are just playing too well at minute an that momentum will probably get em promoted. Here's hoping otherwise but for us to get in playoffs an get promoted now is gunna take one gigantic effort from everyone at the club

Respond to this message   
Lakebledwhite
(Login slovenia67)

We be fine

April 19 2017, 1:12 AM 

Look at fulham and Wednesdays run in...nothing easy, fulham v Huddersfield, Brentford, Wednesday
Wednesday v derby, Ipswich, fulham...I see nothing easy, I do see us getting 6 or 7 points burton my main concern I think we beat Norwich and Wigan 5 points might do it if it's draws at burton and Wigan .... I just think we do it. Ok hope we do it.

Respond to this message   
beefybake
(Login beefybake)

we be fine

April 21 2017, 10:38 PM 

Norwich are on a roll nothing to prove except to new manager and maybe have a point to prove after the cup penalty shoot out defeat .Think we need to beat both Burton and Wigan which should be enough, we can handle big games and think could do well

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****