<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Oh well.....

April 22 2017 at 4:37 PM
Vinnie Jones  (Login vinnie-jones)

Good night 2016/17 season. Thanks for coming...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Re: Oh well.....

April 22 2017, 5:09 PM 

Yep, we'll end up where we deserve to be, amongst the also rans that also lack that extra bit of quality that makes the difference. Before anyone says it's something to build on next season, don't bother. This year was our real chance, next year is about removing average players and replacing with proper quality.

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

April 22 2017, 5:15 PM 

Been saying it for months we simply aren't good enough, Fulham will need to collapse like we have even then we won't beat Norwich and Wigan,even though I know we are shite I'm very disappointed not to be in the play offs,I lay the blame squarely at the owners door for not investing in January, who knows whether monk will be here next season never mind some of the players.

Respond to this message   
Wanker
(Login Pen_Talk)

April 22 2017, 5:28 PM 

Monk sounding deluded post match. Apparently we deserved it, and we had more chances lol. 'We did enough to win the game' - this comment in response to the Pope asking him how disappointed must he feel to not lodge one attempt on goal: 'look, we did enough to win the game'. Sorry monk, any team who fails to register one shot on target apart from the goal is not doing enough to win a fucking game. Keeps reiterating 'we were good enough to win the game'. We were fucking shit. Worries me monk often sounds cold and distant, he's a professional, but at times he sounds like he's been watching another game.

Respond to this message   
steak
(Login steakandsidney)

April 22 2017, 5:36 PM 

Cellino will sack Monk for costing him a million quid in season ticket refunds....the way they've fucked about in tieing him down to a longer deal mirrors what happened to Evans last season....Jansson Woods Taylor & Vieira will all move on ..as well as the best backroom staff we've had in ages..every thing about this club still stinks of short term

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

April 22 2017, 5:50 PM 

I'm with you there Ovy. We lack quality even in the starting 11. If I've said it once I've said I a million times, we lack creativity & a midfield that can find a killer pass or put a foot on a ball to hold play up. Don't get me started on Phillips..!! A season of false hopes at ER, but do we really expect any different? We'll not build on this season for the future because most of the players who've had a good season will be gone before the start of next season! We've given home games away too cheaply that we should've won, which shows that we're not good enough.

Respond to this message   
Modicon
(Login modicon)

April 22 2017, 6:14 PM 

We've been winging it all season built on a good back four and woods goals with very little in between. ..ne mind eh

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

midfield

April 22 2017, 6:34 PM 

Can't see any of the midfielders getting 'snapped up'they are shite to a man,why would any team want a payer who continuously gives stray passes away,that imho is what has cost dearly,we are talking 20 plus a game,massive problem area.
Hope to have a good day out next Saturday.

Respond to this message   
kendemange
(Login parissupermarket)

Sheridan

April 22 2017, 6:35 PM 

time to give Shez a go. need some divine intervention from the god.
Monk is a knob head.Shez could also play as a player manager in place of Philips in centre mid.
we did well this season for the mid table club we are. finished top of the mid table league for the first time. Prize ?

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Re: Sheridan

April 22 2017, 10:52 PM 

Modicon summed a whole season up in one sentence, we have Woods and a defence, with fuck all in between. I'm not gonna come on here crowing "I told you so", but I'm not at all surprised it's come to this. The one thing I will reiterate is, it doesn't matter if we finish 7th in the table, it may as well be 4th from bottom, we will only remember failure, disappointment, and a few months of emptiness. When I said the last few games may tell us more about Monk than we've learned all season, it appears that may be the case. It must be tough managing a club with expectations and a fan base as big as Leeds, without the desired finances, but Monk needs to be honest with himself and the fans, we weren't fuckin good enough. If he starts with the flannel about being good enough without the luck and all that rubbish, he is becoming like a politician, in other words, a disrespectful cunt. In a campaign of 46 games, you generally finish where you deserve to be. I think we have fluked a lot of games, and finished higher than we should have done. The last thing I want to hear when we finish this season, is that we start from a good position next season. As far as I'm concerned, half the team needs to go. And as Modicon opined, the whole middle 5 could be improved upon. That includes Hernandez, Vierra and Bridcutt, supposedly our strongest players. The rest are all no hopers, chuck them in the river Aire. Retain the back 5 and Chris Wood, and that is your starting point.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

Re: Sheridan

April 22 2017, 11:08 PM 

Monk has done a great job this season much to my surprise..of course he's gonna back his players in public especially as mathmatically we can still make the play=offs.We have over achieved with what we have but the last thing we need is yet another pre-season of uncertainty coupled with a total lack of real investment in players.Put Monk on a two year contract and give him a decent budget on players.However this wont happen as we well know,crowds have been up this season and it was the first time for years that there was a buzz around leeds united.I dont agree that we have been 'lucky' to be where we are this season,luck doesnt come into over 46 games.If we happen to make the play-offs we do it because we deserve it if not then we will rue the day we didnt invest in January to freshen the squad up.We need quality in the mid-field but that comes with a price tag.Brighton proved that stability and work ethic can get you far along with a good manager.

Respond to this message   
Lakebledwhite
(Login slovenia67)

Not over yet

April 23 2017, 12:46 AM 

Honestly thought fulham and Wednesday would struggle but they might both still struggle next games, I think we put in a shift and beat Norwich and Wigan and into the playoffs, fulham v Brentford does anyone think Brentford are rolling over for the neighbours? Long way to go twists and turns to the end, burton always was going to be a struggle do Leeds United ever go to tin pot grounds and turn em over? Rarely....this season has been a good one no matter what happens in comparison to many.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

Re: Not over yet

April 23 2017, 12:44 PM 

Well said Lake. I honestly thought we would be in a relegation battle at the start of the season.
As pointed out by a few we just don't have a midfield. I just don't understand why Monk insist on picking Phillips, he is absolute dogshit. We have let better players leave for free. It's a sad state of affairs when your wanting Doukara to come on in someone's place ffs.
Play offs still a possibility but unlikely. Another rebuilding project for another new manager probably

Respond to this message   
Ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

3 subs monk

April 23 2017, 2:21 PM 

Season overall;
I'm happy with the progress made this season but so disappointed with missing out on a two legger although confident we wouldn't get to Wembley, it would have instilled something else into the players now the resolve and optimism has been burst.
Monk has done well and only hope he gets a little longer to see it through but will he and more importantly will he be given the finance so desperately needed ? We bought two shit wingers in an already packed playing areas we didn't need, monk like any other manager won't come out and say this publicly, what I don't like about monk is he always has to make 3 substitutions,why ? Is it because he fully understands the lack of ability in midfield or he himself lacks understanding of the game ? Either way it isn't good to see every game, when was the last time we won away....Birmingham in a game we didn't deserve a point, no wonder we are out of play offs.
Luckily we can't finish any lower although has been said already, we may well have finished 4 th bottom instead of 7 th top if we don't build on what we've achieved so far this season.

Respond to this message   
Chappy
(Login WednesdayS6)

Far from Over

April 24 2017, 1:47 PM 

Can well understand the doom and gloom considering your last 2 results, but anyone who thinks this is over is just wrong.
We have won our last 5 games 4 by a 1 goal margin. We dont give in, which a huge positive.
You still have Chris Woods, create the chances and he'll put some away. Especially against Wigan.

Fulham may have a local derby, but if they turn up, they'll beat Brentford AND if needed, they'll beat us on the last day too.
We have to go to one of our bogey sides on Saturday, Ipswich, and you can be sure Mick"I'm from Barnsley but I'm Irish" McCarthy will do whatever it takes to turn us over.

Who's to say Udders won't be the team to bottle it?. Wolves no pushovers, Brum desperate for points and boring Colin last game.

Trust me it's not over yet

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****