S.F.A.B  (Login S.F.A.B)

Fuck!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

Re: Monk has walked!

May 25 2017, 1:44 PM 

Usual pre-season instability just as things had settled down abit.New owner only wanted to give a 12 mth contract so hadly a long term vision..hopefully we wont end up with some shitty Zola type cheap option but this doesnt fill me with confidence.Maybe Monk mite be Boro bound or Crystal Palce/Watford.

Respond to this message   
S.F.A.B
(Login S.F.A.B)

May 25 2017, 2:14 PM 

And now watch the whole fucking house of cards collapse as Brtley is recalled by Swansea, and Pontus fucks off to the prem right behind Wood who must be weighing up West Ham now.
Still... at least we'll still have Phillips and Doukara.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

May 25 2017, 6:04 PM 

I've just lost me nan found the dog run over and realized me wife is playing away so need cheering up are you free for a drink tonight.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

May 25 2017, 6:02 PM 

Radrizzani posted "Shocking news from GM. We were keen to do 3 years deal. We never receive any request from him and his agent. No regrets, we did our best #mot" We don't know what has happened but i'm not sure a 1 year rolling deal(after our end of season collapse) would be a bad idea

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

FUCK HIM

May 25 2017, 6:16 PM 

Let him go to the smoggies. Obviously didn't want to be here, didn't want to negotiate or anything by the sounds of it.
He wasn't all that really was he, Grayson nearly did the same with no money whatsoever.
MOT

Respond to this message   
Ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

Re: FUCK HIM

May 25 2017, 8:57 PM 

Just a shame they let it get this far imho, monk has done wonders really considering the squad we have, yea we slipped up big time in the end but he had a platform to build on, now we have to start from scratch again,albeit we have a few months before kick off, hopefully we will have a manager ready to step in.
The next man will hopefully weed out the shite we have and will have a big enough budget to get the players he wants (is that my wishful thinking)
The Leeds Utd circus is on the roll again.

Respond to this message   
Ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

May 25 2017, 9:17 PM 

Also meant to say, if monk goes to boro it will be on a far better deal than at United and Gibson is a good chairman who will certainly give him cash and the reins to either prosper or hang himself.
Could Karanka be coming to ER, especially with the heavy Spanish connection we now have !!
MOT

Respond to this message   
S.F.A.B
(Login S.F.A.B)

May 25 2017, 9:53 PM 

Are you for fucking real? Grayson had a miles better squad, look how many eneded up in PL you joker.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

May 25 2017, 10:16 PM 

What fucking planet are you on. Who'd did Grayson spend any money on? He had some raw young talent, who matured into prem players. You need to look in the mirror you fucking clown, every decent player was sold from under him.
Monk did well but let's not get carried away about him, he had 10fold the money Grayson had to spend.

Respond to this message   
York65
(Login york65)

Monk

May 26 2017, 5:10 AM 

Apparently Monk had quite an arrogant persona about him and was not that well liked by a lot of the staff because of this. He got on famously with Cellinio but I understand much less so with Rad - two very similar personalities who were never going to be able to work together long term.
MOT

Respond to this message   
Jimmy
(Login walmot)

Re: Monk

May 26 2017, 8:21 AM 

Had long runs at Swansea and Leeds where he couldn't turn it round. We were absolute shite for the last quarter of the season and he seemed unable to rectify it.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

May 26 2017, 9:25 AM 

As said in previous post 'cos of the collapse a 12 month rolling deal would have been my choice for monk not 3 years.
Spoke to palace fan yesterday and rumour around sam allardyce is he's had a BIG money offer from a BIG club Don't get much bigger than LEEDS

MOT

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

May 26 2017, 12:27 PM 

Some ridiculous comments on this thread.Monk may have been arrogant but most good managers are along with the best players.When we first appointed Monk i was gutted but he proved in 12 months that he was the best manager we have had since Grayson.While we are talking about Grayson i thought he did a great job and shouldnt have been sacked however plenty on here did.Losing Monk is a body blow and he didnt have loads of money to spend,we got £6m for cook and brought in Ayling and various loaness whilst failing to invest in Jan window when we needed freshening up.He has trebled Chris Wood's value in 12 months and brought through Viera and shored up our defence by bringing in loanees.Yes we wobbled at the end but i think youll find Monk wont be out of work for long and btw how much money did Boro give Karanka to get promoted much more than leeds united will give him.In my opinion Monk probably wanted re assurances that he would have control over transfers and some sound investment,not a 12 month rolling contract hardly stability for building a team.With our new owner bringing in a new director of football and MD i feel its the owner who wants change.Lets see if we get Karanka(jury out on him) and what the plan is.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

May 26 2017, 3:52 PM 

agree with your post (the extreme nature of the collapse points to 12mth contract imo, but can see why monk would want more)
Karanka did get smoggies promoted but not for me, had way more £'SS than we'll spend and spits his dummy out at the drop ov an hat.
Sometimes painful but never dull with us.

MOT

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

May 26 2017, 4:50 PM 

Monk did a good job I'm not disputing that but the collapse at the end of the season was worrying to say the least.
I don't know how many on here actually go to games but apart from about 4 or 5 games did we look outstanding, the honest answer would be no.
I think Woods goals flattered us a bit.
Leeds are bigger than Monk so fuck him!
MOT

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

May 26 2017, 5:33 PM 

Ranierri installed as new favourite

Respond to this message   
Ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

May 26 2017, 9:02 PM 

I said this in the 'monk out' thread a month ago, someone mentioned alardyce the thief today from ' good insider knowledge ' it all means it will be moyes or gary Neville;)

Respond to this message   
protier
(Login protier)

May 26 2017, 9:26 PM 

If Monk has had a better job offer good luck to him, however, he will never manage a bigger club than Leeds. I lost faith in him when he sent out a Leeds eleven against Sutton in the fa cup. As I said at the time I support Leeds for the glory this was a chance for some glory. His reason for the team that day was to help us get promoted we know how that ended.

I will throw a name in for the next manager, although I cant stand him, Paul Lambert.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(Login BannedbutforeverLeeds)

No scummers

May 26 2017, 11:18 PM 

I'm up for just about anyone cos you never know. Everytime a new gaffer appeared during the last few years we were all sceptical and didn't expect much but Monk proved us wrong. Don't want arrogant sky scum failure wanker NOBille though. A scum bastard of the highest order.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****