ovy  (Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

Allardyce
Clotet
Lambert
Karanka
Touchel
Ranieri
First 3 for me no thanks, certainly not fat sam, don't know what clotet would have learnt with monk and lambert...unsure.
Last 3 could all do a job imo but will need backing and serious investment.
Wonder what redknap could have done but the timing is all wrong with him now at brum, typical of Leeds.
Let's hope radrizzana has learnt a lot in a short space of time.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
borg elitist
(Login pontyendskin)

Re: Who would you want/not want

May 30 2017, 7:03 PM 

Some tosspot at work today suggested Nigel Clough. Needless to say he will not be suggesting it again.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

May 30 2017, 8:25 PM 

Sakho on a 3 year deal for over £1m quid.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

May 30 2017, 10:13 PM 

Ranieri: YES. has some success at Second-tier level so yes (if he'd come)

Thomas Tuchel: absolutely no chance of him visiting Leeds for a weekend break let alone coming as coach

Karanka: NO, he wouldn't have the ££'s at Leeds to be successful and spits his dummy out sharpish imo

Lambert: FUCK NO another also ran on the manager merry-go-round hasn't done anything as a manager since 10-11, failed everywhere since.

Clotet: NO NO and....NO he has a manager/coaching resume that Hockaday would laugh at, has been coaching/manager since 2001 and sacked from nearly every job (once after 9 games)

Allardyce: YES YES YES YES: he may be dodgy (so was clough and who isn't) BUT Allardyce is a top half premier league manager ALL - DAY - LONG
He's got a promotion record better than all the above and would bring success back to Leeds because WE are the ONLY job/club out there that once in the top flight could seriously break the top 7

Why anyone in our position would NOT want Allardyce is one of the reasons we're still in shit street after 13 years "I DON'T LIKE HIM, HE'S DODGY, HE PART'S HIS HAIR FUNNY" give you head a shake ....then get someone to smack you round the back of it with a cricket bat.

MOT

Respond to this message   
glasgowwhite75
(Login glasgowwhite75)

May 31 2017, 8:49 AM 

Big Sam its true does have the credentials. His anti establishment persona would fit us too. I think he, like many others on the ever growing list would be looking for quite substantial funds.
For me, any of these 4...

CLAUDIO RANIERI
ALEX NEIL
DEREK MCINNES
SAM ALLARDYCE

Respond to this message   
Icarntbelieveitsnotpiss
(Login Icarntbelieveitsnotpiss)

Re who would you want

May 31 2017, 5:03 PM 

Big Sam for me but it's wanka Karanka tied on

Respond to this message   
protier
(Login protier)

Re: Re who would you want

June 1 2017, 7:37 PM 

Another day gone by and still no manager appointed. Next season will be here before you know it. We need to start lining up new players to sign on the first day the transfer window is open, not leaving it until back end of August. For fuck sake pull ye finger out. I reckon we need a minimum 2 defenders 3 midfielders and 2 forwards.

Respond to this message   
York65
(Login york65)

Ranieri

June 1 2017, 9:11 PM 

Understand - had talks and impressed - don't think Karanka is a shoe in .

Respond to this message   
Lakebledwhite
(Login slovenia67)

Re: Ranieri

June 2 2017, 12:59 AM 

Can't see anyone who is used to flying off in a helicopter to London after games wanting to come here, London boys rarely want up north....eh Mr Graham?

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

June 2 2017, 10:23 AM 

We couldnt afford Ranieri and tbh he would probably need an open cheque book which we dont have...should have just give monk 3 year contract and control of signings simples.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

June 2 2017, 11:26 AM 

Who you would want and who we could get are sadly 2 separate threads. Sam would be great but there's absolutely no way. Ranieri would be a disaster but wouldn't come anyway.

It's a tough question because the people who are realistic targets are probably not anyone we would choose.

But how about a reappointment? Grayson gave us the best seasons post PL, and has done a good job at Preston. Or what about Steve Evans. Not everyone's choice when appointed but did a good job in impossible circumstances and gave us our highest finishing position post Grayson before Monk. Both loved the club and handled their ridiculous sackings with dignity and class?

For me though, I would love to see Mick Mccarthy given the job. He would be a good appointment in terms of results. He's a tell it how you see it Yorkie which would go down well with the fans, and would jump at the chance.

Respond to this message   
Wanker
(Login Pen_Talk)

Clotet ffs

June 2 2017, 12:40 PM 

Why do you think ranieri would be a disaster?
Clotet now favorite. Looking highly likely, especially with sako'shit signing this morning. Clotet is a great coach, but is he capable of taking Leeds up? I'm feeling lethargic about next seasons chances already. I'm not excited by clotet at all. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Respond to this message   
Wanker
(Login Pen_Talk)

Re: Clotet ffs

June 2 2017, 12:47 PM 

BTW, giving the job to clotet over karanka is fucking stupid.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

Re: Clotet ffs

June 2 2017, 2:25 PM 

Problem we and Garry Monk have is that foreign owners like directors of football to sign the players not the football manager.Our new owner appointed the DOF from boro who will be responsible for player recruitment why else have we signed sackho when we are currently managerless.This is the crux of our problems as a club english managers like to have control over who they sign..foreign coaches are used to this system but i fear it wont work for us Cellino proved that with his recruitment of players from serie B.I cant see Big Sam or Mick Mccarthy having a DOF signing the players.I prefer managers to sign there own players as then the book lies with them,there can be no excuses.DOF and english managers arent a great combo.When we have had strong managers like Evans and Monk our fortunes have improved even with having to put up with Cellino's interference.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

June 3 2017, 1:15 PM 

Why would Ranieri be a disaster, pre chelski (and the top club merry go round he wasn't up to) his lower league record is Alladyce-esk

Cagliari,he took from Serie C1 to Serie A in successive seasons.

Napoli, 4th + qualification for uefa cup (this was after maradonna era when the club was pottless)

Fiorentina, led them to Serie A promotion + Coppa Italia + Supercoppa Italiana

Valencia, Copa del Rey + UEFA Intertoto Cup, qualified for UEFA Champions League(after nearly 15 yrs underachieving)

I don't think we'd get him, but like Alladyce for me it's a no brainer, they are exactly what we need.

If Clotet gets the job he WILL be gone b4 xmas. his manager/coach record is seriously laughable. Farsley wouldn't want him.

MOT

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

June 3 2017, 1:27 PM 

Football Managers/Girlfriends NEVER GO BACK. move on but please not mick mccarthy i think he's a solid championship manager but not someone to take us onwards and upwards. He signed luke fuckin varney for fuck's sake AND fuckin kept him for 3 fuckin yrs. Fuck sake.

MOT

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****