DG  (Login DavidGedge)

New head coach

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Modicon
(Login modicon)

Re: Thomas Christianson

June 15 2017, 2:40 PM 

Dint see that one coming...ah well he's the new gaffer let's get the fuckin ball rollin. ...

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

June 15 2017, 2:57 PM 

wow so much for the bookies.
Young up and coming manager.

1st job AEK Larnaca FC average Cypriot team lead them to 2nd place twice

2nd job APOEL Nicosia Cypriot champions retained title losing finalist in cup and the last 16 of the Europa League for the first time in their history.

Could be a wagner, stam, jokanovic, here's fucking hoping.

Roll on August

MOT

Respond to this message   
Ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

June 15 2017, 4:34 PM 

I won't pretend I'm not disappointed but I am, having said that I'm as good as my word and will stick by him, looks to me to be a total panic appointment but what do I know, also a one year contract doesn't fill me with optimism, just means we'll be searching for a 17th manager in 13 years within 12 months, unless he does the unbelievable witthe squad he's inherited,here's hoping , MOT.

Respond to this message   
S.F.A.B
(Login S.F.A.B)

June 15 2017, 8:57 PM 

Not sure who he could have appointed in the real world who you wouldn't be disappointed with.
Although I agree that 1 year contracts stink, they don't give a manager a chance to build a squad of his own.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

June 16 2017, 10:25 AM 

i think in the modern game we need to get away from the old school thinking of longer contracts, if he's a success and get's offers/want to move on he will and the compo for under contract managers is a pittance.

IF as seems to be the general consensus that this bloke is shit/cheap/out of his depth, why would you want to give him a longer contract that's gonna cost you more to pay off when you sack him before xmas.

he only had a 1 year contract in his last job and did ok so ...

MOT

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

June 16 2017, 1:50 PM 

Not sure that the consensus is he's shit, more a point that it's a huge step up and the jury is out

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

June 16 2017, 10:18 AM 

mate apart from the line "I'm as good as my word and will stick by him" the rest of your post is bitch/moan/doom and gloom.
if that's support i'd hate to be on the end of summet you don't "stick by"

MOT

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

June 15 2017, 4:36 PM 

It's good we haven't taken from the revolving collection of failed managers, but it does feel slightly flat. But if anyone was in doubt about our standing in football, this is the proof needed. Talk of Alladyce and Ranieri when Monk walked a million miles away from what we can attract. Can't help a feeling of deja vu though, new Italian owner loses the manager who gave us our best season since the first relegation and replaces him with an unknown from part time football, albeit with relative success on the CV.

Let's get behind him and hope that we are eating our words come May.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

June 15 2017, 4:38 PM 

That said, it ain't an appointment to tempt the best kids to stay 😯😯

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

Another false dawn

June 15 2017, 6:20 PM 

Tried to be upbeat but this is just a cheap fix.
I honestly thought with Kinnear and Bravo coming in we were onto something.
Hope I'm wrong but this bloke will be shite and gone before Christmas. They've got him because he won't go making demands on signings.
Another season of getting shit from 2 bit Yorkshire rivals who are doing better than us.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

Re: Another false dawn

June 15 2017, 7:11 PM 

How can anyone be pleased with this appointment....we craved stability instead we got an unemployed Cypriot coach in the hope he is the next Wagner.Cheap on a 1 year contract and will dance to the tune of the owner DOF and that other spanish fella, that is why Monk walked.The 'lets get behind him bridgade' will all come out but if our recent past tells us anything it was Evans and Monk who gave us stability after numerous failed managers.Hope to fuck i'm wrong as i was with Monk and i await our pre-season signings with relish...can we keep players like Wood though.Such an outstanding coach only gets a 12 month contract.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

June 15 2017, 7:22 PM 

Got to agree, he'll get fuck all signings. I would have rather had Evans back.
Hope I'm eating my words but doubt it.

Respond to this message   
S.F.A.B
(Login S.F.A.B)

June 15 2017, 9:01 PM 

But really? The football was pretty shit under Evans.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

June 15 2017, 9:42 PM 

I know but I think we can expect more of it. I'll be surprised if we make any decent signings, it just stinks of doing it on the cheap with no real ambition or expectations hence the 1 year contract. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the new manager does it?

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

June 15 2017, 10:07 PM 

To be honest lads Monks CV wasn't that dazzling before we took a punt on him. He's fucked off for a bigger pay cheque along with the backing to buy Boro out of this league & I for one hope he fails miserably. We blew it at the end of the season, whether that was down to the team, or to Monk, we can only point fingers & say what we think as to who to blame. Monk didn't have the ability to change things & we became one dimensional, he'd run out of ideas, defend for 89 mins & hope one ball makes it to Wood, who had an excellent season. All we can do is give the new lad a chance, he'll either be good or he'll be shit. Would monk have bettered from last season? We'll never know. It Radz is to be believed & there was money to strengthen in the Jan window & Monk said he was happy with his lot, then it says to me he wasn't up for the job as everyone else could see where we needed to strengthen.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

June 15 2017, 10:24 PM 

I remember at times last year we were shite. We were really good on a couple of occasions. I hope Monk fucks up good and proper. I hope I'm wrong but can't see this bloke doing owt. I can't believe that any manager would refuse to strengthen in January given the chance. The way we fell away at the end of the season was worrying to say the least.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

June 15 2017, 10:46 PM 

Agree.There is no manager on this planet that would turn down the opportunity to spend in the transfer window when your in a play-off spot.Yet again we will have to judge an owner on results..but as i say if this guy is 'an outstanding coach' why has nobody else taken a punt on him and why only a 1 year contract.Hopefully he isnt the Danish Dave Hockaday who was also an 'outstanding coach'.I've no axe to grind with Monk,wanted a 3 year contract having done a good job last year without interference from DOF's,why would he only want a 1 year deal job security and all that.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

June 16 2017, 4:47 PM 

Reported today 2 yr deal with option for a 3rd.

MOT

Respond to this message   
Shaka
(Login scrabblerSE22)

June 17 2017, 3:26 AM 

My glass is half empty rather than half full. I think this is another backward step, which ever way you look at it. Monk didn't have much on his CV but at least he managed in the Premier League, some of the other unknowns like Wagner, worked closely with Klopp, so I guess he was worth a punt, its turn out well for them down the road.

To take on a manager who was unemployed (they didn't renew his contract) after managing in the Cypriot league just about sums up how far we've fallen down the pecking order. Fuck me this is on par with employing that other nobody who managed in Albanian league. The only thing on this guy's CV is the APOEL reach the last 16 of the Europa league, wow that should send shivers down the championship, a real positive spin on this from Radianzi 'he was always our first choice' he knows all the clichéd comments.

He's so highly thought of, meaning he gets a 2-year deal with the option of a 3rd year. Our management recruitment strategy is to take the unemployed off the street and offer them a low paid job with strings attached and tell them how grateful they should be. I can't even blame Cellino for this one. He's been replaced with another dubious eyetie.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****