<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anyone else getting giddy?

July 6 2017 at 9:55 PM
Lakebledwhite   (Login slovenia67)

My main concern that pours cold on it is the manager....here's hoping if he doesn't get a flier he is given time and does improve, be a crime if all the good that is going on is wasted on a management gamble imo ...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

Re: Anyone else getting giddy?

July 7 2017, 2:59 PM 

I always enjoy this part of the season best of all. Still possessing the dreams of pulling off a top signing and pushing for the title before they get smashed 😑😑

So far, you have to say that Villa are looking in the best shape, especially with the addition of Terry (he could have been our Strachan), and I expect Birmingham to be up there from the pack too. We have signed well in Pontus and Anita but need some quality signings, maybe on loan, to give me the confidence to be hopeful.

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

July 7 2017, 4:18 PM 

Always hate this time of season, well certainly for the last 20 yrs, all down to lack of investment in squad.
Non of last seasons midfield cut it for me, they were shocking 9 times out of 10, what the new manager will do to turn them around will be interesting, having said that, its up to the players to respond to keep their places and hopefully cannot gt any worse, time will tell, hat off to Radrizzani for putting up some dosh thus far, manager don't do it for me but have to back him and hope it happens.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

July 7 2017, 7:11 PM 

got to say this is one of the most positive pre-seasons for 15 years.
A new owner that looks to get the job done and has spent more money in 8 weeks than anyone since ridsdale,
A new manager (young, up and coming compared to the same old stale shitE from the manager merry-go-round) and new signings that are wanted and NOT because they are free/cheap or part of a managers old boy network.
Saiz signing monday (source phil hay) + a couple more apparently.
I think we are gagging for a centre half, coopers div 1 at best and i'm better bellusci.

MOT

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

July 9 2017, 3:00 PM 

Dnot think we have signed anyone yet who pulls up any trees,we seem to have a foreign recruitment policy, that said the german keeper and polish midfielder were scouted by Monk.Would like to see a few proven quality championship level players as going down the foreign route is a gamble.The lad form newcastle is a steady signing albeit another holding midfielder/right back..need a quality left back and centre half...if we keep hold of wood and buy a proven centre forward for cover then alls good.Up to now the potential fee for Taylor covers our player recruitment but we need to keep Wood.We have brought in doncasters first team coach in order to have someone at the club with knowledge of the english game, our manager is totally unproven at this level so jury is out.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****