<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Season Tickets

July 12 2017 at 6:07 PM
kopshop  (Login Kopshop)

Cheese Wedge now open to buy S/T, South Stand virtually sold out over 17,000 now sold!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
RealHarvest
(Login RealHarvest)

Re: Season Tickets

July 14 2017, 6:40 PM 

2,000 more I'll we'll have as many as Bradford in League One.. Disgrace.. we should be selling 30,000.

Respond to this message   
kopshop
(Login Kopshop)

Re: Season Tickets

July 14 2017, 7:04 PM 

Understand what your saying but our tickets aren't from Poundland.

Respond to this message   
oldnags
(Login oldnagsleeds)

re; season tickets

July 14 2017, 8:33 PM 

makes sense selling season tickets fort
cheese wedge,hope they sell well,people
have got to remember the shite we have
gone through over the past 14/15 years
it aint like we are a prem team,it will
take time to get the crowds back to 37,500
n only success n promotion will do that.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

Re: re; season tickets

July 14 2017, 10:47 PM 

Should do like Huddersfield did last season. 230 quid for a ST and open the entire ground. Sign a name player and you would be looking at 40k every week. Short term greed wins though 😕😕

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

July 15 2017, 4:58 PM 

Not too sure what signing a named player would add? Who do you think would draw a crown in of 40k a week? A named player doesn't guarantee a win every week. How much is a ST for the dog wankers this season, id've surprised if its the same as last year. I we are in a winning streak we can get 36k every home game anyway which works out more financially beneficial than wax about of season tickets at a reduced rate.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

July 15 2017, 5:52 PM 

well said. couldn't be asked to respond to dg, even when the clubs done a complete 360 in the way it's being run there's still someone picking 1 thing from another club that we SHOULD BE doing.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

July 17 2017, 9:54 AM 

It's not picking holes as such, but while we're all in a (relatively) giddy mood........

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

July 16 2017, 12:36 PM 

Cheap tickets means a full house. A big signing inspires and would cement the crowd. The two combined means that the rest of the league takes us seriously and come to Elland Road hoping to lose by one instead of looking to win by 2

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

July 16 2017, 2:31 PM 

The only way the league would take us seriously is if we win games, winning games brings in a big crowd. I seriously doubt that cheap tickets would mean we sold all the ST's. We didn't sell them all after we one the old 2nd div & then the title 2 years later so nothing is different. People have less money now than back then. I wouldn't buy a ST even if it was reduced as I can't get to all the games. I like to go when I can & pick & choose. My days of being tied to Leeds every weekend have well & truly gone as I've gotten older.
He's bought some up & coming plays, so we could be looking an O'leary kind of era at ER with these youngsters if they all gel together. I think other teams will be more concerned with that than if we bought Rooney & sold all the season tickets.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

July 16 2017, 3:23 PM 

Its encouraging selling season tickets but i do see where DG is coming from.Our transfer policy up to press has been similiar to Cellino's buying unproven foreign imports from lower leagues.We havent signed a proven player at our level yet.Hopefully we will replace Bartley and Taylor and sign a proven centre forward just in case Chris Wood gets injured.Hopefully Orta has done his homework.

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

July 16 2017, 5:16 PM 

I disagree CJ, Cellino's foreign army were all freebies or pretty much, the only one we had to pay for was Antenucci if he scored over 10 goals, so he sat him on the bench when he got near to his target!! The only signings of note I can remember were Woods & I can't remember how much we paid for him & Roofe who we paid £3mill for & he was an unknown from a lower division.
We need to remember where we've come from, we've been nowhere for the last x amount of years. We've got our ground back & spent a few million on foreign players who look exciting (on youtube at least) & some people are still fucking moaning!! Everyone knows that as soon as we start sniffing around home grown players another £5mill goes on the price tag, look at Bartley for instance.
Just out of curiosity, who would anyone posting in this thread have bought who is a proven player & lets be realistic about money here? We have a tendency to go on about proven managers & proven players coming to Leeds. Monk had done fuck all before he got a chance to use us as stepping stone, who'd even heard of Jansson before he came to Leeds?

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

July 16 2017, 6:53 PM 

I'm realistic enough to know we wont be spending silly money on players,those days are long gone.My concern is that we go into another season with a rookie manager and players who will need to bed into the Championship having plyed their trade in albania and the spanish 2nd division.We came up short last season and in my mind were 3 or 4 players short down the spine of the team..we didnt need an overhaul.The lad from newcastle may prove a decent squad player and i suppose by putting these lads on 4 year contracts they must have some faith.I'd sooner spend 3-4m on a howson rather than buying 2 foreign players who may/may not make the grade.Jannson wasnt a complete non entity as he was a swedish international but Bartley was a key figure for us unfortunatley the loan system can back fire if someone does the business for you.If we recieve 3-4m for taylor i would have re-invested that to sign bartley.As i say hopefully Orta knows the foreign market so well these lads will step up easily and gets us into the play-offs.Hopefully by the start of the season we will have signed a decent centre half&centre forward.I'm philosophical about leeds these days,people seem obsessed by quantity of signings rather than quality.The best signing was Elland Road.

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

July 16 2017, 11:34 PM 

Definitely getting the ground back is the best bit of business we've done by far. We've added depth rather than a complete overhaul as we've only let a few fringe players go & having said that they've not left yet anyway. Woods had the season of his life last year, hopefully he can repeat it this season, with another couple of players who can reach double figures in the goal stakes too!!

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

July 17 2017, 10:11 AM 

I agree with the Howson point and had mentioned it previously. The main area of concern last year was undoubtedly through the middle, so maybe Huddlestone could have been a top signing.

I agree that we are not in a position to be in for the Rooneys and Terrys of this world, but that shouldn't mean we have to take a punt. To get out of this league you need players who have been in it and are battle hardened to it, especially as most team's cup final, and players used to playing in front of big expectant crowds like ours every other week.

It's going to be a tough league again this year. Villa Boro Derby Norwich Sunderland Birmingham Wednesday Blades Reading....... all will fancy their chances.

But we have made great strides this summer no doubt. Am not moaning, just dreaming out loud 😆😆

Respond to this message   
glasgowwhite75
(Login glasgowwhite75)

July 17 2017, 10:31 AM 

I have my doubts re Blades, but you can add to that expansive list you posted : Wolves & Fulham. Wolves have paid £15M for Neves from Porto & in Jan paid £12M for Helder Costa, they are adding others wisely so they without doubt in my opinion will be in the mix. Fulham are a very good side as they proved at year & they will be up challenging also.

I n my view, we will be doing very very well to get into the play-offs. Yes we have seen a much more positive close season, its just that in previous years we have been standing still whilst others acted. This year we seem to have got our act together a bit more, but when you look at others with similar expectations re promotion, you can hardly say they have been inactive. We still lag behind most of them with regard to purchasing power.

Hard season again methinks, but remain as ever hopeful.

MOT

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

July 17 2017, 11:15 AM 

Yeah them too additions will definitely be in the mix. As for the blades, they have a top manager and are a relatively big club on a positive roll. There's always a team you don't expect to be up there that end up in the mix and I think it could be them.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****