<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Predictions

July 24 2017 at 5:27 PM
DG  (Login DavidGedge)

How are we going to do? Who'll go up and who'll go down. Will the manager last the season?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

?

July 24 2017, 6:25 PM 

Really can't call it to be honest. I want to be upbeat and positive but a load of untried players and an untried manager.
Could be a dream but could also be a nightmare. I suppose we won the 2nd half against Eibar or whatever their name is and he said he adapted to situations which could be true.
I really don't know.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

Re: Predictions

July 24 2017, 8:45 PM 

really looking forward to this season, more than any for fuck knows how long. i thnk with another CB (coopers div 1 imo) and a month to bed in all the players we're in for a great ride.

this is the 1st year of Radz reign and the stuff going on re ground/infrastructure is immense.
So 1st year of a 2/3 year growth with promotion somewhere in that time (it took brighton/hudds/norwich etc 2/3 years). but i think the football will improve and we have goals from 4/5 players.

We punched way above our weight last year and in all honesty without Wood we'd have have been bottom half.

there's at least 10/11 teams who'll be looking at play offs/promotion so for fucks sake can all the " i told you so's" just fuckin button it, if we don't start like a house on fire (look at last season).

i'm actually fuckin buzzin

MOT

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

July 24 2017, 9:08 PM 

Not sure how we will improve on 7th place with the current crop of players.Unless we sign a decent CB and i dont mean some 2nd division albanian or a 'Real Madrid'/ 'Barcelona' player who on further scrutiny hasnt actually been near the first team other than going on a sight seeing tour,we will struggle.We have lost Bartley and Taylor and havent replaced them yet and we still need a proven Centre Forward to back up Chris Wood.Or squad looks un-balanced and we should have had our spine of the team signed sealed and delivered before taking a punt on second division foreign players.
The manager hasnt signed any of the players its all been Orta's doing so he cant be blamed if there all shit.Btw i'm surprised the hike in matchday tickets hasnt been mentioned either,but then i do like a moan.I want some of what Kent's been on though as he's buzzin for it,that said Bolton away and Preston at home should be bankers and a decent bench mark for the season.That said our pre season should have included a tough english team to expose our new foreign legion to the reality of the english game.

Respond to this message   
glasgowwhite75
(Login glasgowwhite75)

July 24 2017, 9:37 PM 

We still look a tad light in certain key areas which CJ has correctly illustrated in his post. We need decent quality in each identified position. This will not come cheap. But if we a serious about going up, we must strengthen.

If we do - Play offs minimum
I we don't - Top half of table with an outside chance of play-offs

MOT

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

July 25 2017, 1:39 AM 

Deffo agree "you do like a moan" 😉
I don't think we'll storm the league just buzzing cos after the shit of bates/rag heads without a pot to piss in and the chancer that was cellino we've got a bloke that wants it.
We may not improve on 7th but you can't turn a cunt fucked club around in 1 season. 1st year of a 2/3year effort.
Pennington could be a Bartley (who was a Swansea reserve) and Taylor wasn't around for 1/2 the season (40% injured 10% couldn't be asked).
In a few posts you mention albanians/Albanian league who do you mean?
Looking at our drinks mines half full but yours is half empty so I'll get 'em in.

MOT

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

July 25 2017, 11:26 AM 

Surely we were in a place to kick on this season having finished just outside the play-offs last season,not look at a 3year plan to get us promotion?As for Bartley he was a far more experienced CB than Pennington who is untried at this level,the problem you find with loanees from the prem league are you cannot afford to buy them if they perform well for you ala Bartley.It also took time for our defence to come together last season and it looks like this process is being repeated again.Most Leeds fans moaned about Cooper as a CB but at the moment he is first choice alongside Jannson.I'm a realist and hope it all falls into place but felt this pre-season was an opportunity to have continuity not 'start all over again'with a completely new coaching team.Agreed Taylor missed much of last season but he was our best fullback imo and the reason Beradi played as well as he did was because he had competiton,however Taylor was a far better all round fullback than Beradi. As said previous delighted we have Elland Road but nothing wrong with questioning the quality of our signings and the obsession with foreign imports due to Orta's comfort zone.

Respond to this message   
Jimmy
(Login walmot)

Taylor

July 25 2017, 2:59 PM 

Thought Taylor had half a dozen decent games last season and the rest were shite, he was in full sulking mode most of the time. Not a patch on Beradi for performance or attitude based on last season, prior to that maybe different. Agree about the centre halves, Cooper can be decent for 89 minutes but he's like Bamba was and never more than a second away from a major fuck up. No idea what the kid from Everton will be like but I doubt he'll be better than Bartley was, major loss him and would have loved him to stay.

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Re: Taylor

July 29 2017, 7:15 PM 

Not paid much attention to the players we've signed, it's just a list of names. I think it's a case of wait and see, but I'd be worried if Hernandez is the fulcrum of our attack, and the likes of Phillips are anywhere near the starting eleven. The big black fella from the Albanian league may be the next Doukara or Tresor Kandol, but who knows? I'm too long in the tooth to get over excited at a load of players no one has heard of, so I'm gonna try and keep my blood pressure low this season by letting them get on with it and seeing where it takes us. Jacking the match day prices up a couple of quid is a bit risky, especially if we are languishing in the bottom half in a couple of months. Fingers crossed eh?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****