<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tickets prices and Mill Hill

July 31 2017 at 12:23 PM
Dave  (Login BannedbutforeverLeeds)

As mentioned by CJ IN a previous post; I'm also surprised no ones mentioned the hike in ticket prices. I've lived outside the country for 12 years and we're back for a couple of weeks to visit friends/relatives. I was gonna take my family to watch the Preston game but when I found out it was a fucking category A game I thought 'are they taking the piss?' £30 per ticket so I'm expected to fork out £120 ffs! I wouldn't pay more than £20 to watch us against Preston.

I love Leeds and football but it's corrupt as fuck in every direction and I won't allow mysen to get ripped off. We're off to watch us against Port Vale for £15 a time; that's more like it. Hopefully get a few in for old times sake in't Scarborough, Spencers (now HoS) and Prince of Wales (now Bah Tap). I've heard they've changed a bit over last 10 years. What's everyone's opinions?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jimmy
(Login walmot)

Re: Tickets prices and Mill Hill

July 31 2017, 3:28 PM 

More Leeds in the Black Prince and the Griffin nowadays. Plenty of staff on in Spencers so you get served easy but atmosphere is long gone. Bah Taps Ok but never liked the Scarborough.

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

Cake & eat it.

July 31 2017, 7:11 PM 

Football is an industry & designed to make money. The club/chairman has just invested millions on players & buying the ground back & people want to moan about a few quid more a game. How do we move forward if no one is prepared to be part of it? We all want the best signings & have opinions about who we should sign & for how much, but the money has to be recouped from somewhere & rightly so. Before anyone comes out with the shit about buying the ground is an investemnet for the chairman, well maybe it is, but if we don't go up this season or next who funds all this pre season expenditure? As fans we have do our bit & if paying the price of a pint on top of my ticket every few weeks is all it takes then I'll gladly pay it.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

Re: Cake & eat it.

July 31 2017, 8:55 PM 

I think our ticket prices are way over inflated for where we are as a club,i dont buy that our chairman has spent millions on players as of yet to justify this.We recouped around £6m for Taylor which has paid for our current crop of foreign imports in my book.Agree you have to balance the books,the players we bought dont justify putting the prices up and our new manager and his coaches are on about £150 a week.£34 for a ticket in the kop £39 if you end up buying one on the day against Preston ffs cant justify that,crowds were up last season as there was a buzz about the place for the first time in years leave the prices as they were.If we kick on and do well then people will pay it (unless its midweeek) but if we start badly then cant see it.Great we bought Elland Road but as you point out its not ours its his and that means its an investment for him.The fans have doen there bit time and time again,the fans are the clubs true asset as any recent owner we have had has plundered time and time again.Just would have been a sign of intent to keep the prices frozen. Fuck knows what cat A++ is.

Respond to this message   
Ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

July 31 2017, 8:58 PM 

Gotta say I don't agree with thee on that vinnie,we are a pisspoor team and the club shouldn't be ripping its fans off,prices ought to be capped if i didn't get tickets at pensioner rates i wouldnt go.
If we get promotion they won't be able to charge more than 30 for.away.fans ,we.might then get some away fans coming instead of saying fuck off to your rip off prices and your dilapidated stand.

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

July 31 2017, 9:08 PM 

I think the matchday prices are an absolute rip off. Being an old stager I can obviously compare what percentage of my disposable income goes on a ticket nowadays compared to back in the 80's, and without a shadow of doubt , it's ridiculous nowadays. As every year passes I lose more passion for the game of professional football, and sadly, it's beginning to affect my passion for Leeds Utd. If we get off to a flyer, the increase may be swallowed by some fans, but conversely, a bad start and poor form, just watch the crowds plummet. How anyone expects people to turn up on the day of a "big" game, and expect them to pay £44 for a ticket in The Gods of the the Upper East Stand is beyond me. How many people would pay £44 to watch us against Preston whilst justifying those prices? Some of the shite served up in a sterile atmosphere last season wasn't worth £4 never mind £44. Sadly it's a sign of the times. The gentrification of the working man's game has all but killed it for proper fans. I'm sorry Vinnie, I don't buy into an "extra couple of quid" to compete with our rivals. How much would you pay to "compete" with Chelsea and Man U in the Premier League, £55......£60 ? When you can't even see a sliding tackle or your tough as Boots centre half grab a striker by the throat, £30 is too much for me.

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

August 1 2017, 12:33 AM 

I'm not home for a lot of the games & when I am I'll pick the games I go to, so a few quid more every now & then for 7 or 8 games a season then I'm not going to moan about the price. I know in advance & book my tickets & I haven't turned up on matchday to buy a ticket for years, not since you could pay at the turnstiles. If I was going to go regular I'd get a season ticket but those days are over. It's inflation lads, we know how it works & whether it's football, public transport, a packet of fags or whatever there's not a lot you can do about it. I don't get the argument with the ground, whether it's his or not he's still had to invest that money to get it & pay for the up keep & running costs. We average around 28k when we are doing well, so take off 18k in season tickets & you're looking at a few quid on 10k worth of tickets over 20 games with just the league. I'm sure the interest on 20 million is worth a lot more to him, but he still invested. Would you rather he hadn't? If he hadn't & had still put the prices up to what they are now then I'd be first in the line to complain. There's been a price freeze on season tickets for ages so they're the ones who benefit, you could class them as the real loyal supporters as they buy into the thing whole heartedly. I'm not saying they're more of a fan than any other Leeds fan, but for certain people who go to a few games a season to moan about a few quid seems a bit rich.

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

August 1 2017, 4:19 PM 

I don't have any problem with the season ticket holders getting the best deal, they deserve it. I probably went to about half the home games last season, all those tickets bought in advance. I thought about going on the spur of the moment without a pre purchased ticket, but then thought fuck that, too steep for me. I can afford it, I just can't justify it. It's not just about cost nowadays, it's also about the atmosphere and the spectacle. When I was paying £1.50 into the Kop, there is a good chance Kenny Burns would launch their centre forward if we were getting beat, or when I was paying £3, there was a good chance Bairdy would bundle their keeper into the net out of frustration. If this lot are getting beat, and you are £44 lighter in your pocket, and very fuckin angry, the best you can hope for is that Hernandez might actually tackle somebody. The game is shite nowadays, spoiled by the wankers at EUFA and consequently by the FA. As for "It's called inflation", that's not strictly true. If you look at the increase in cost of attending football, it has risen disproportionately since the advent of the Premier League. It is more a case of supply and demand, and while ever there are suckers prepared to have their wallets raped every week to watch a non contact sport played by overpaid Spice Boys, it will continue to rise disproportionately. I'm still not sure the hike adds up financially. Based on the cheapest matchday ticket circa £40, out of every 20 potential fans that will swallow the increase, it only takes one to say "fuck that", and the new owner is sitting on a loss. If you get 2 or 3, it's potentially £120 he's lost to gain £34. I think older fans that remember the relative cheapness of football would be the first to opt out, followed by other varying types of fan. The young ones don't know any better, this is all they are used to, and they are ripe for squeezing the money out of. Ultimately it's bums on seats that dictate if prices are too high, but just have a look behind the dug out at Old Trafford or in the corner at Chelsea, turbans, chinks, big fat Asians and Japs galore. The clubs will tell you there is demand even at rip off prices, but they don't give a shite who occupies the seats. I'd love us to make a real charge this season, not only for the fans, but for the owner who has invested decent money in buying the ground back, and seems to understand the heritage of the club and our passion for it. My worry is we are going to be nowhere near strong enough, and are being asked to pay even more to watch ongoing failure. I hope to fuck I'm wrong.

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

August 1 2017, 6:53 PM 

50p for the boys pen when I first started going to watch Leeds with my mates, so as yourself & most on here, we've all seen the changes & been through the most turbulent of times. You kind of answered the point I'm making Spezial, the grounds not full of old lads anymore, it's full of day trippers or at least so in the premiership. It's a business, not a sport anymore, hasn't been really since the likes of Jack Walker started to spend millions to buy the league, it's all about the more you spend the more chance you have of winning, sorry, buying the title all but for Leicester being very rare exception.
I like the new chairman, he's opened his wallet & put his money where his mouth is, for the first time in a long time, so I wish him all the success & obviously I want to see us back with the elite, although we wouldn't be able to compete with them. We've had shitty penny pinching owners for a long time & owners with huge ambitions running up masses of debt so we're due a bit of luck for one & hopefully this season we get some. If not this season then next as it looks like we are building on top of last season & preparing for the long term future with some of the youngsters that are coming in. I'm usually hopeful at the start of each season, but this season there is a genuine reason to feel this way.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****