<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Where's everyone gone?

August 9 2017 at 8:30 AM
Ivanco  (Login ivanco)

What's happening first game of the season , 3-2 win away from home and no moaning and groaning from the doom merchants

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jimmy
(Login walmot)

Board gone dead.

August 9 2017, 10:38 AM 

One post in a week is about as quiet as it gets, random topic, any decent stories from trips to Villa over the years? Or anywhere else for that matter.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

Re: Where's everyone gone?

August 9 2017, 11:56 AM 

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

August 9 2017, 6:56 PM 

Wins a win but we ended up with a u23 midfielder playing centre back,a holding midfielder/left back at right back and shut shop by bringing Sakho on.Bolton were the Rotherham of last season...hopefully our goalkeeper (looked nervous) adapts to the English game as it looks like Green will be on his way.Thought Okane and Phillips did well and Ayling n Cooper were solid.Need to wrap Chris Wood in cotton wool as we have no replacement yet.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

August 10 2017, 9:32 AM 

we know where we need to strengthen BUT no one could predict loosing 2 defenders in the 1st game,
Just wish you would stop trying to validate your point with half truths and miss-direction (you'd be a great politician)
Shaughnessy is a DM AND CB so young yes, but NOT out of position at all,
Anita is a CM/RB who played RB for 99% of last season for the barcodes but came thru the Ajax academy were every player plays every outfield position in his development so not exactly a square peg in a round hole (and to be fair to him he didn't look out of place).
we're 1 goal up with 5 mins to play.... WHO wouldn't shut up shop.

your 99% negative and 1% positive with your grudging "wins a win" just so you don't look a complete tit if we storm the league, but your mostly not happy unless your giving every one a big fuck off dose of "I TOLD YOU SO"

MOT

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

August 10 2017, 7:18 PM 

Kent i think your being slightly over sensitive,i just see things differently to you nowt wrong with that.Nothing worse than people towing the line otherwise i would have followed some of the Bates apologists on here,say it as i see it.My post was fair in my world as for half-truths??,when people were negative regarding Wood and Phillips last season i defended them but it doesnt mean they wont fall by the wayside.Likewise i was critical of Monks appointment and rob green's early form but i ate humble pie as they both had a good season.Theres an element of euphoria at the moment which i dont get yet hopefully i will next May.BTW i was being ironic when i said Sakho came on to shut up shop....as for being a politician i'm no good at spin.Anyway back to the tumble weeds.......

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

August 10 2017, 8:41 PM 

we'll just go round and round so whatever fella...and as for the "no good at spin" I think you do yourself a dis-service this post of yours had contrition, self effacement, chest thumping, deflection, appeasement and as always.... finish on a joke.

MOT

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

August 10 2017, 10:42 AM 

Jesus kent talk about having a go at your own because they don't say what you want them to.
CJ is a good poster on here and why should he say we are good if he dosent think we are, I thought we deserved the win and 2 goals flattered bolton, but, we have a long way to go, jurys still out on christiansen for the obvious reasons, as it is with the players, especially the ones from last seasons non effective midfield, sacko came on and was a sack o shite .
A very good win over pro vale don't make me think we will storm the league either.
Lets get behind the manager team and take on board what each other has to say.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

August 10 2017, 8:30 PM 

What and just because he's "one of my own" i can't have a different opinion.
Am i not "one of your own" that your now havin a go at.
"CJ is a good poster"... so i can't say he's a negative fucker 'cos he's got the "Ovy seal of approval.
One of the reasons this forum is like the Marie Celeste is the overbearing, lose the will to live negativity from 1/2 a dozen posters...oh and that fuckin loony conspiratory theorist.

Still MOT

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

My two - penneth

August 10 2017, 10:14 PM 

All you can ask for in any game is to take the points. Yes we did that, but as an indicator for what is to come, I wouldn't be overly optimistic. Bolton will be near the bottom of the league, if teams start pumping them 4 or 5, it sort of puts our result in perspective. We won't be able to glean anything about our chances until we play a few reasonable teams. I'll be honest, I don't think there is anywhere near enough quality in that starting eleven to get us a sniff of promotion. If the off season recruits are of a higher calibre, we may have a prayer. My only fear is, the wheels are gonna have to come off big time before there is major surgery. Hernandez is such a fuckin lightweight, a real luxury in the most influential position. As For Philipps Man Of The Match, yeah right, shows how fuckin stupid the pundits are. He's gonna be a liability in most games, a deflected shot and tap in only fools the fools. His general performance was abysmal, the amount of fouls he concedes is ridiculous and his inclusion tells me worrying things about our new managers judgement. Believe me, that eleven from the Bolton game will not be good enough for top 10. Based on Saturday, drop the Kraut for Rob Greene, based on the last 12 months, Hernandez, Phillips, Cooper, not good enough, Sacko had a lobotomy before he came to us, and Vierra, Bridcutt and their ilk are weak in the engine room if you have to rely on them dictating a game. Like I say, the new recruits need to be of much higher quality than too many of the existing squad. Not being miserable Kent, just being honest.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

Re: My two - penneth

August 10 2017, 10:33 PM 

No, you are been a miserable cunt!

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

Re: My two - penneth

August 10 2017, 11:01 PM 

Fella it didn't come across as miserable, i would agree with 50% of the post (Hernandez lightweight, Philipps MOM, Cooper not good enough and Sacko lobotomy) but i also think we have improved from last season Ekuban is a better option, Klich will improve CM, saiz will be the no 10, Alioski is better than we had, Pennington looked good if he's 80% of Bartley that's a good CB pair, we've got a LB now and we don't now enough about the keeper (green made mistakes last yr b4 being very consistent).
The Bolton game was the 1st game of the season with a new defence that was disrupted twice no one can take anything from that game.
We've played 2, won 2, scored 7 with goals from more than just Wood.
I think we'll finish between 6th and 8th and i'll take it because to all intents and purposes we are a new club from top to bottom and i think we are heading in the right direction.

MOT

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Oi Gipton !

August 11 2017, 7:16 PM 

I would only ever be truly miserable if I had to live down Gipton. My maisonette up Whinmoor felt like a penthouse apartment compared with the thought of living on "corned beef island". The only time I used to go down Gipton was to visit my hubcaps.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

Re: Oi Gipton !

August 12 2017, 9:10 AM 

Sorry I forgot how classy Whinmoor was. I bet you had a right view through your boards in your penthouse.
Is that what made you so pessimistic about things.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****