DG  (Login DavidGedge)

But against 10 today for half an hour it could have been better

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Spezial
(Login spezial)

What fuckin planet you on ?

August 12 2017, 5:54 PM 

Not being funny Gedgy, but how strong are the drugs you are taking? There was one positive to take from today, the young kid from scum, and that was it. We were outplayed at home for 60 minutes by a mid table team, and then couldn't score against 10 men for 30 minutes. Once again our midfield was weak as water, O'Kane the only one to get any credit, and if you want to lock Hernandez and Phillips in my garage for the next game I'll give you the key. Roofe not strong/fast enough, Allioski, did he really cost us 3 million, fuck me. Defence just OK, midfield lacking penetration and second to most loose balls, and toothless in the final third. If you think that is a decent start you're easily pleased. You don't booze with Gipton the eternal optimist do you ?

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

Steady on Mr Happy

August 12 2017, 6:16 PM 

Read my earlier posts cheerful Charlie. I have said all along that I wasn't convinced with signings we've made.
Had to work today so didn't go but I'll be there on Tuesday to see where we are. Fulham are quite a fancied team so if we do ok with them it could be reason for optimism.
I think you need to drop some Happy pills or stop listening to the Smiths!

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

Re: What fuckin planet you on ?

August 12 2017, 6:22 PM 

Hahaha. 4 pts from the opening 6 and a big cup win is not bad. I didn't say perfect nor did I say we've played well, but if we get 4 points out of every 6 against the lower teams we will deffo be in the mix.

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

August 12 2017, 9:40 PM 

I fear it won't be good enough mate. There will be far better teams come to Elland Road, and they WILL take points from us. We need to take points from the shite and get what we can from the "big boys" to sustain any sort of promotion push. I'm woriried, fuckin big time, that the lads bought in the window are no better than the Sacko's and Antonnson's of the last campaign. I'm more worried that the likes of Sacko have reached a peak and aren't "projects" any more. There's a distinct lack of pace and directness down the flanks, and a lack of penetration down the middle from the midfield. If you look at Hernandez, Saiz and Allioski, they are one and the same player, small, weak, no real pace, and happy to sit off the front man just fucking about. There comes a time in a game where someone in that area needs to grab it by the scruff of the neck "Strachan" style and go for the jugular. I don't see any of the above having anywhere near enough quality to do that. I came away from that game today feeling like I have done for the last 13 years, like this lot have absolutely no chance of taking us back to the Premier League. Don't think of me as a miserable cunt, think of me as a pragmatist.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

August 12 2017, 11:39 PM 

I don't really disagree with you, but it is encouraging that we have picked up 4 from 6. Like I said, if we can do it from all the teams in the bottom 14 that would give us 56 points and a great chance to seal a place in the play offs minimum. That gives us 18 games to get the points needed. I agree with you that we won't get 4 from 6 against all those teams, hence my point that 4 from 6 is a decent start.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

August 13 2017, 6:36 PM 

Got to agree with DG 4 from 6 and a big cup win IS a good start.
We've played 3 games and had to try 7 different defences because of injury/suspensions or new players so a bit of perspective might be in order.
New manager/new ideas/new players takes time to gel/get right.
Anyone that thinks you should steamroller a team 'cos they've gone down to 10 men has obviously never seen a football match, teams park the bus, it's fucking hard to break them down, Preston have beaten wendies so can't be the mid table fodder some would believe.
As for big guns spezial have you seen the start villa/reading/derby/wendies and norwich have made, good job you don't support one of them... you'd have spontaneously combusted by now.

MOT

Respond to this message   
Ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

August 14 2017, 11:14 AM 

Can't knock the wins over Bolton and port vale , would've seriously been pissed off had we not won those games and I think 2 goals flattered Bolton.
That performance against Preston was a big worry for me, I didn't expect it to be easy as Preston are a well organised outfit, the spine of their team is what we need, the centre forward was immense and totally bossed and bullied our defence, same with the one sent off and the Edgar David's lookalike, Hernandez,roofe and sacko shit are pathetic and will cost us dearly, the manager has had a good look at the pisspoor lightweight midfield and must act quickly.
Hope we can get something out of the next 3 league games , hope we show more character and are better against stronger teams , we just need fat arse doukara to come back now and I'll swing from the rafters.

Respond to this message   
NEERwhite
(Login NEERwhite)

August 14 2017, 12:24 PM 

There are 2 main issues as I see it, otherwise we're in reasonable shape:

1) Phillips is shit. God knows why the managers persevere with him. He's slow, can't tackle, loses the ball, makes bad decisions... Basically everything you don't want in a central midfielder. I'm not sure why they don't give Anita a run in CM alongside O'Kane. I thought Anita looked great against Bolton. Also - before anyone says how good phillips was against Bolton - he was average, and scored a deflection and a tap in, so nothing special...
2) Hernandez is not a number 10. He's too lightweight and doesn't have enough awareness in that position. Get him out on the wing where he can do some damage. I'd give Saiz a go. He looked a bit livelier when he came on.

I think if Christiansen made those 2 little changes, we'd look a lot better. I tweeted him to tell him so hopefully he'll sort it for the next game

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

August 14 2017, 1:07 PM 

Not disagreeing about phillips but think a CM of o'kane/anita doesn't have a ball winner in it. Anita played LB at bolton.
klich missed preseason 'cos of injury at 100% with viera would do the job.

MOT

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

August 14 2017, 1:17 PM 

Hernandez looked great on loan then signed perm januaryish and only plays 60% now,
roofe try's but 2 divs was to big a step up, he needs to go on loan to div 1 and get back to scoring goals
and sacko shit (lol love that) must look world class in training 'cos for me he's a 100 metre runner not a footballer, am stunned he was signed perm after being so poor last season.
As for "The Duke" think your being a bit harsh......NAH! just joshing non league at best.

MOT

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

August 14 2017, 1:19 PM 

Like I said, I'm not commenting on the performance in the games, but 4 points from 6 and a place in the next round is not a bad return. With a new manager in place I would have taken it before we kicked off.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

August 14 2017, 10:29 PM 

I tend to give managers/coaches 10 games to see how they have put there stamp on a squad,TC has alot of work to do and the next few games will give us a clearer idea of where we are at.PNE played us off the park in the first half and we couldnt do the dirty side of the game well enough like closing players down and winning the first ball.Our philosphy is to continue playing out from the back and our keeper making over ambitious throw=outs and passes which just put us under pressure.You have to do the dirty side of the game in order to earn the right to play like brazil imo.Jannson looked unfit to me and it will be interesting to see the real impact of Bartley departure from our back line on players like him.With games coming thick and fast it will test our squad strength to the max,the fascination of playing a 'number 10'baffles me especially when they are as powder puff as Hernadez was on saturday.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

And So It Continues

September 10 2017, 10:32 AM 

👍👍

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Re: And So It Continues

September 14 2017, 10:46 PM 

Bit cheap digging up your original post from a month and a half back, but seen as we're doing so well, I'll let you off. When you first contributed it wasn't a particularly good post, we'd just drawn two games at home without scoring a goal over 180 minutes, and two teams had both hit the woodwork at hit 0-0 in the first 4 games. In short we weren't great, and had got a bit lucky.. A few more games down the line and your post may have had more credibility, so don't come on here trying to score points like the messiah, you were premature and a bit naive after four games.Seven games in, and it is a great start, not necessarily from overall performance points of view, but so many clean sheets and disposing of the weaker teams is heartening. I went to the first two home games and we were shit, and apparently we could easily have been turned over on Tuesday, so let's not kid ourselves we are Barcelona just yet. We are in a great position at the moment, and we have the points in the bag, something we may be thankful for if we have the inevitable blip or two. While posters are digging up old posts for a bit of street cred, any chance I can revisit some of my old contributions about how we are a better team without Chris Wood from about 6 months ago? We may as well all have a bit of toffee.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

September 15 2017, 8:35 AM 

As we know from last season, its not all about the performance, but the results. We are on a roll and that stems from the steady start. Still unbeaten, not conceding...... as we were.

You are right about Wood though, and the way we are playing is better on the eye and also more varied in style.

And I think Dallas deserves a bit of recognition for twice coming off the bench and helping to secure the points.

It's all about opinions lad, none of which matter a jot, except mine of course 😆😆😆

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

September 15 2017, 11:14 AM 

I will be a happy man if this post pops up again next April and we are sitting pretty in the top six.For me its to early to say we are a better team long term without Chris Wood.The winter months will be interesting to see how our flair players perform..some big plusses are Coopers form and Phillips/O'Kane.We know we will have bigger tests to come but so far so good.Agree about Dallas a great lad to come off the bench especially if we need to go to a defensive shut up shop formation...also pleased to see we have finally attempted to tap into the quid a kid market.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

Just a stat

September 15 2017, 12:57 PM 

saw this on twitter

Thomas Christiansen has made the BEST START by any LUFC boss in his first 9 games in the club's history.

WWDDWWWWW

Goals: 23
Conceded: 4

Deffo a good start but IMO our season will be defined by the 10 games after Burnley

Ipswich home
Cardiff away
Wendies away
Reading home
Brist C away
Blunts home
Derby home
Brentford away
Boro home
Wolves away

if we take 18 points from them top 2 is in our own hands.

MOT

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Re: Just a stat

September 16 2017, 11:31 PM 

Stop looking at twitter and open your eyes. Beating Newport County and Port Vale mean absolutely fuck all in your statistics. I would expect eleven people from the old folks home around the corner to beat them useless cunts. FFS, you're getting like CNN and the BBC with your propaganda. If you want to start throwing stats at people, we got battered today, by a set of gypos at the bottom of the league. I don't think we actually had a shot on goal. I don't want to have to spelli it out in big letters but, WE AREN'T THAT GREAT. We are top of the league, but with a midfield so slow,weak, and small, it is gonna be a real struggle in some games, when we need to be physically strong. We sounded fuckin rubbish today. Let's hope it's a really weak division this year, because we're not gonna get away with what we have so far this season. Most of the teams we have played have been mugs, we need to kick on to another level to sustain our challenge. I'd ditch Roofe, Hernandez and Philips a.s.a.p. Constraints mean that won't happen quickly, but when it starts turning pear shaped, believe me , they're gone. We can still get automatic promotion, but not if our manager and owners are as deluded and naive as the majority of our fans. I can't believe how they all sit there wanking over Hernandez and Jansonn, when Luke Ayling is by a country mile the best player at the club. It pretty much sums up our current fan base when they haven't even chanted his name in over two years. Too many Gipton and KentWhites.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

Re: Just a stat

September 17 2017, 10:02 AM 

While I agree that you can't get carried away by beating Port Vale or Newport, by the same token you can't pronounce the death of the season after one defeat against a team that has beaten us 7 of the last 8 matches down there.

Still top, and we will learn a lot about the team and it's credentials with how they bounce back on Saturday. No team looks unbeatable every game, nor do they win every game against the lower teams. It's not like we've been dropped into the northern premier league when we should win every match. We are competing against clubs of a similar stature who have bigger budgets. If you're telling me that you would not have taken our position and results thus far before the season started then I wouldn't believe you.

A top start in terms of results. Enjoy the fact that we are top of the league. There's not many times we can enjoy being top in the last 20 years.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****